Advertisement:

Author Topic: Custom blocks  (Read 60616 times)

Offline arielvered

• Semi-Newbie
Re: Custom blocks
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2019, 02:25:02 AM »

If you have your Who.php original, attach here.
Else tell me version of your Custom Block.
I tried implementing what you wrote here.
I changed the version to 2.3.2 and getting rid of extra tab. It still didn't help.
I have attached current who.php.
Thanks

Offline davidhs

• Sophist Member
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2019, 07:11:16 AM »

If you have your Who.php original, attach here.
Else tell me version of your Custom Block.
I tried implementing what you wrote here.
I changed the version to 2.3.2 and getting rid of extra tab. It still didn't help.
I have attached current who.php.
Thanks
Copyright line for v2.3.2 is different. I attach your Who.php with copyright corrected. Replace this in your served and try uninstall.

Offline davidhs

• Sophist Member
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2020, 09:21:05 AM »
Compatible with SMF 2.0.16 and 2.0.17.

Offline Grammy

• Tire Kicker
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2021, 07:30:05 AM »
I just have a question of anyone who has this mod installed, please (I've not installed it yet). 

I'm specifically looking today for a solution that would allow me to have a field of text appear beneath a particular category and before its subsequent boards, that would provide some in-depth information about the purpose of the category.  For instance, in the attached screenshot of Simple Machines, you see the category "General Community" and the first board is "Chit Chat".

If I had a similar category on one of my forums and wanted a field to appear between General Community and Chit Chat, so that I could insert text that gave some detailed information about the category and its purpose....  could I do that with this mod?  Can the block be placed as specifically as that, or is it limited to only a few locations?

Thanks.   :)

Offline GigaWatt

• The Smiley Guy
  • SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
    • MechDR on GitHub
    • Macedonian electronics forum
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2021, 10:28:33 AM »
No, I don't think you can do that with this mod... though I don't have it installed.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Offline Grammy

• Tire Kicker
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2021, 10:35:14 AM »
No, I don't think you can do that with this mod... though I don't have it installed.

Ah...  thanks.  I also looked at the author's Custom Fields but my "Stupid Meter" started going off and I had to stop.   :D

Offline davidhs

• Sophist Member
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2021, 04:45:58 PM »
I just have a question of anyone who has this mod installed, please (I've not installed it yet). 

I'm specifically looking today for a solution that would allow me to have a field of text appear beneath a particular category and before its subsequent boards, that would provide some in-depth information about the purpose of the category.  For instance, in the attached screenshot of Simple Machines, you see the category "General Community" and the first board is "Chit Chat".

If I had a similar category on one of my forums and wanted a field to appear between General Community and Chit Chat, so that I could insert text that gave some detailed information about the category and its purpose....  could I do that with this mod?  Can the block be placed as specifically as that, or is it limited to only a few locations?

Thanks.   :)
Sorry, this is not possible. :(
I also looked at the author's Custom Fields but my "Stupid Meter" started going off and I had to stop.   :D
That mod adds custom field in post or topic, not allow do this.

Your wanted block is a good idea to do in next update ;) : add custom blocks in forum index before/after a category, before/after a forum and before/after a child forum.

Offline Grammy

• Tire Kicker
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2021, 05:19:14 PM »

Your wanted block is a good idea to do in next update ;) : add custom blocks in forum index before/after a category, before/after a forum and before/after a child forum.

Wow, that would be awesome!  Sometimes the title bar for the Category just isn't big enough to say it all, and a plain white field below would really be useful.  Thanks, I look forward to it!   :D