News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Tapatalk - An Error Has Occurred!

Started by MLW, September 08, 2012, 06:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: MLW on September 11, 2012, 12:52:31 PM
Quote(try installing a random mod)

Ok Yoshi .... same problem. I tried uploading 'Emotions_Smiley_1.0_UNI.zip'  and got the following error log:-

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Mike Wayne
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 82.7.248.183 
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 05:51:11 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 6cc1b325bdb5c6810d9133505c8b0dc9
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.cottontownchorus.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=upload
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
   Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Mike Wayne
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 82.7.248.183 
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 05:51:11 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 6cc1b325bdb5c6810d9133505c8b0dc9
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.cottontownchorus.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=upload
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: package_upload_error_failure
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/cottontownuk/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php
Line: 187
So that rules out a problem with the Tapatalk mod...

Does your host allow uploads? Do attachments work at all?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MLW

QuoteSo that rules out a problem with the Tapatalk mod...

Yes .... I've successfully uploaded all sorts of files (which kind are you thinking about?) and they work just fine on the main website. I haven't installed any other mods on this forum before because I've only just started the forum. If the temp directory is missing I could easily create one via ftp. I assume it goes inside the Packages directory? Is it named  'temp' or 'temporary' ?

NanoSector

Quote from: MLW on September 11, 2012, 01:04:14 PM

QuoteSo that rules out a problem with the Tapatalk mod...

Yes .... I've successfully uploaded all sorts of files (which kind are you thinking about?) and they work just fine on the main website. I haven't installed any other mods on this forum before because I've only just started the forum. If the temp directory is missing I could easily create one via ftp. I assume it goes inside the Packages directory? Is it named  'temp' or 'temporary' ?

Try naming it just 'temp', that'll do (without quotes ofcourse). Not sure if that'll work.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MLW

Hmmmmm, just tried that .... didn't work .... back to the drawing board!  ???

NanoSector

Quote from: MLW on September 11, 2012, 01:20:38 PM
Hmmmmm, just tried that .... didn't work .... back to the drawing board!  ???
Okay, I guess it's a problem with the SMF packages... Maybe also your hosts configuration.

Does it detect packages, when you follow these steps:
- FTP into your site like you're used to
- Go to /Packages
- Extract the ZIP on your computer
- Create a new folder in /Packages, like 'Tapatalk' (witohut quotes)
- Upload the extracted package into there
- Go to Admin > Packages

If it does, contact your host.
If it doesn't, check back here :)

MLW

Ahh, Yoshi, you are a technical Sherlock Holmes!! - Thank you! ...... Tapatalk is now showing under 'Modification Packages' and I THINK(?) I've now got it installed .... ?  ........... so I should contact my host and tell them what exactly?

NanoSector

Quote from: MLW on September 11, 2012, 01:36:51 PM

Ahh, Yoshi, you are a technical Sherlock Holmes!! - Thank you! ...... Tapatalk is now showing under 'Modification Packages' and I THINK(?) I've now got it installed .... ?  ........... so I should contact my host and tell them what exactly?
Hah thanks :P

You should tell them the normal SMF Package Upload doesn't work for a weird reason, and tell them to check for configuration faults.

MLW

Got it! Thanks so much Yoshi .... I DO appreciate your help and the time you've taken in helping me to overcome this problem.  I'll update you once I've been in touch with them.

Mike.

NanoSector

Quote from: MLW on September 11, 2012, 01:48:01 PM
Got it! Thanks so much Yoshi .... I DO appreciate your help and the time you've taken in helping me to overcome this problem.  I'll update you once I've been in touch with them.

Mike.
No problem bud', I'm glad I could help you :)
In the meantime I guess you'll have to take up the steps I described above, sorry :(

Chas Large

Well I've learnt something (dunno what). What do you suspect is the problem Yoshi? I would think that the server is blocking uploading of archive files or there is a small filesize limit set. When using Easyphp to set up a home server, I've found the default 8MB upload limit set in the Apache setup is often too small and have to modify the settings, though I've never done it on a real server.

I guess a readout from phpinfo might give a clue or two?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

NanoSector

Quote from: Chas Large on September 13, 2012, 04:23:23 PM
Well I've learnt something (dunno what). What do you suspect is the problem Yoshi? I would think that the server is blocking uploading of archive files or there is a small filesize limit set. When using Easyphp to set up a home server, I've found the default 8MB upload limit set in the Apache setup is often too small and have to modify the settings, though I've never done it on a real server.
I'm thinking it is a fault in configuration of PHP, not sure which setting though. Could be the upload limit of Apache, too, but could as well be another component.

QuoteI guess a readout from phpinfo might give a clue or two?
If it's a PHP related issue, maybe. If not, nope.

Worth trying:
Open your Settings.php

Somewhere after the database settings, on a new blank line, enter this:
$db_show_debug = true;

Save the file and reupload it.

Try uploading an archive again, do any errors pop up on the top of the screen? If yes, post them here. If no, report back.

Undo the changes after testing again.

MLW

Gents, sorry I've not been back but life has been getting in the way!  Still unsuccessful here trying to install this Tapatalk mod .... It'll be the death of me!!! I've got as far as ensuring that all files under mobiquo/ folder (including the folder itself) is set to 755. I click on 'Install Mod'  then when it comes up on the next page with "Installations actions for "Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin"  I then click 'Install Now' but I get the following error coming up:-

Fatal error: packageinstall() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/cottontownuk/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/db/install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/cottontownuk/public_html/forum/Sources/Packages.php on line 938.

I wonder if this throws any light on the problem. I've been in touch with the hosts '123-reg.com' but they take forever to get back to me. Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Advertisement: