News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Which convert to use for vBulletin 4.2.0

Started by Peter_AUS, July 22, 2012, 02:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter_AUS

Hi,

After using vBulletin from V3.x to now V4.2.0 I am looking at moving it to SMF and would like to know which converter to use to achieve this result.

Also the WiKi Documentation that I found, really doesn't cover in a step by step procedure on what to do. The posts in the vBulletin 4 Converter thread, are extremely confusing.

Advice and direction would be great, I have downloaded the current full release of SMF, but am unsure on the converters.

One thing I did notice is the problem with passwords.  If you are using Joomla as a CMS at all, you could use jFusion from hxxp:jfusion.org [nonactive] to sync from vBulletin to Joomla which then moves the passwords over as well, do your upgrade to SMF and re-sync the users from Joomla into SMF and that should then take the passwords back over to SMF so you can login to SMF OK, well that is what I am thinking of doing.

I currently am using Joomla 1.5.26, vBulletin 4.2.0 and Gallery 2.3 and have jFusion installed into Joomla and my members login from the Joomla front end and then are logged in seamlessly to vBulletin and Gallery.  jFusion also has the ability to work with SMF 2 as well, it is an add on configuration feature along with quite a few other popular scripts.

I posted this info to help out everyone having problems not to promote jFusion, as spam, so please realise this is a respectful post to assist others.

Thank you for any and all helpful replies.

Regards,

Peter
Regards,

Peter

Mariano

Peter,

I converted my forum from vBulletin 4.1.11 to SMF 2.0.2. I used this converter: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=404729.msg2899909#msg2899909

I had problems with avatars and smileys but the rest is working great!

Peter_AUS

Thanks, I downloaded the two files in that post, will give it a try in the next couple of weeks, the person that helps me, is away at present, on different time zones.
Regards,

Peter

mrintech

Quote from: Mariano on August 08, 2012, 12:56:29 AM
Peter,

I converted my forum from vBulletin 4.1.11 to SMF 2.0.2. I used this converter: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=404729.msg2899909#msg2899909

I had problems with avatars and smileys but the rest is working great!

Thanks for information :)

Peter_AUS

Thanks have now got the conversion sorted out that post was very helpful and painless as well.
Regards,

Peter

Advertisement: