"Current Theme" not highlighted in side menu of the Administration Center

Started by Chainy, September 28, 2012, 04:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainy

SMF Version 2.0.2:

If you click on 'Current Theme' in the side menu of the Administration Center, it seems to take you to the correct place, but 'Themes and Layout' is highlighted in the side menu, instead of 'Current Theme'. This is a little confusing!

emanuele

The fact is that current theme is just a shortcut for theme settings > your theme and nothing more. If you notice it exists only in the main admin menu.

I wouldn't consider it a bug but intended.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Chainy

Quote from: emanuele on September 28, 2012, 05:26:06 AM
The fact is that current theme is just a shortcut for theme settings > your theme and nothing more. If you notice it exists only in the main admin menu.

I wouldn't consider it a bug but intended.

Yes, possibly it was intended. Still, it's slightly odd as in any other case you click on a link and it gets highlighted. It took me a while to realise that it was actually taking me to the part within "Themes and Layout".

I suppose an alternative would be to somehow make a more visible link to 'Current Theme' within the section 'Themes and Layout', and then this issue wouldn't arise. But, people probably find it handy to have a faster way of accessing the settings for the current theme, and so that brought about the current menu behaviour.

bloc

I've actually added manually that link into the main menu(as a submenu item of "admin" item) on the Blocweb site theme (through the theme) - simply because its so useful.

Of course: the more theme settings a particular theme offers, the more you will use it. The default theme does not have many settings you would re-visit, mostly its a one-click affair on most of them.

Advertisement: