Any chance mods for phpbb and SMF are compatible?

Started by Andieisme, October 01, 2012, 06:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andieisme

Let me clarify. I was wondering if the mods available through phpbb are usable on SMS and vice versa. I'm not well versed in code, but we're all speaking the same language here, aren't we?

Looking

SMF has its own mods and for its own version of SMF.

Kindred

to be more specific. No.  phpBB mods will NOT work on SMF.

That being said, I suspect that there is probably an SMF analog mod for most mods which are available for phpBB
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Andieisme

The reason I ask is because there are some mods I would like to use that are only available on one or the other. Or, if there was one, the mod was abandoned by the author and I worry about using those particular mods.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sakurachan

Hellban mod would be nice, but then we got annoy user

Kindred

I think there is a mod which does the equivalent of hellban
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

There isn't. Annoy User is similar but not quite the same (other circles might call it errorbanning, slowbanning or shadowbanning), but hellbanning is effectively a global ignore.

There are some performance concerns, not to mention practical ones.

Advertisement: