Dream Portal

Started by Dream Portal Team, October 03, 2012, 03:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream Portal Team

Quote from: Rowe on October 09, 2012, 06:48:04 PM
I uninstalled the mod and it kept my home as an open page and my forum as forum..

I'm not sure what you are saying here.  Please be more specific.  It kept your Home as an open page??  What is that supposed to mean?  That doesn't make any sense.  Please be much much more specific.  Trying to help you, but all I can gather from anything is that you are not seeing the DP Admin when you save it in the DP Core Features after enabling it.  All I can gather is that it won't enable Dream Portal for you in the SMF Core Features.  This, I have not seen anywhere, unless you are using XAMMP, which is a localhost.  I have heard reports of using XAMMP on localhost causes the DP Admin from not being accessible/viewable.  Is that the case??  Are you using XAMMP?

Also, are you saying that uninstalling Dream Portal has given you a problem?

Quote from: live627 on October 09, 2012, 08:17:26 PM
solo, it works fine on localhost. Remember, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!

In XAMMP?  There has been reported problems using XAMMP.
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

Dream Portal Team

I found the problem, and will now update this package on the SMF Customization Site.  Go here to see the problem and the solution for this:  http://dream-portal.net/topic_1263.msg8674.html#msg8674

This will make your DP Admin area visible and showing all sub-sections.  Can't believe I overlooked this.  Still strange how this works in online environments, but doesn't with XAMMP.

Well, do that edit and TADA, your DP Admin shows perfectly fine.  Updating the current package on the SMF Customization Site and the DP.net site.
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

Arantor

What version of PHP is involved?

You have to explicitly state the function as having a by-reference signature for PHP 5.4 while PHP 5.3 will accept it as being passed by reference from the hook call point.

Dream Portal Team

Yeah, that's exactly it Arantor.  I have just updated the Mod on the DP.net site as well as the SMF Customization Site with the variable being passed by reference in the actual DP function.  So, this will address ALL PHP versions that accept variable references.

@ Rowe - If still interested, Dream Portal should now work as intended.  The Mod on the SMF Customization site has been reuploaded to fix this issue.  Appreciate the Bug report very much so!

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Dream Portal Team

Thanks Diego.  If you know someone who can finish your Spanish Translation that you began, please let us know.

Rain Forest

Hello,

Is there a way to insert a 'top 5' most 'liked' topics of members..?

According to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=436974.msg3416088#msg3416088

+members avatars

nend

Congrats to the current team and congrats to the old team including myself, if it wasn't for us all then there will be no Dream.  ::)

Just had to steal the spotlight, lol.

live627

Arantor

Well, I'm just surprised. *shrug*

live627

Yep. It only took two years,give or take a few months.

Dream Portal Team

Quote from: 4Three on October 14, 2012, 12:58:50 PM
Hello,

According to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=436974.msg3416088#msg3416088

+members avatars

This would have to be inserted into the Blog Module as 1 of the extended features.  Currently, the Blog Module extends to support the Bookmarks Mod, the SMF Topic Prefix (by default), and the SMF Advanced Topic Prefix Mods.  We have asked if anyone would like this module to support other Mods, to reply to the Blog Module Topic with a link to the SMF Topic Mod that they would like the Blog Module to support.  Please post a reply to that topic with a link to the SMF Likes Mod, and we should be able to update this Module to fulfill your needs.

And, no offense intended to anyone, but the Dream would have still existed, and the fact that DP was released and approved here at SMF, after the 2 years of the fallout, proves this.  But we appreciate and won't forget all that was done for Dream Portal by ALL members.  We understand that our members have more important things to do in their lives vs. spending all of their time contributing to Dream Portal.  Slow and steady wins the race as in the "Tortoise and the Hare"!

Xarcell

Quote from: Dream Portal Team on October 14, 2012, 10:39:50 PM
Hello,

+members avatars

This would have to be inserted into the Blog Module as 1 of the extended features.  Currently, the Blog Module extends to support the Bookmarks Mod, the SMF Topic Prefix (by default), and the SMF Advanced Topic Prefix Mods.  We have asked if anyone would like this module to support other Mods, to reply to the Blog Module Topic with a link to the SMF Topic Mod that they would like the Blog Module to support.  Please post a reply to that topic with a link to the SMF Likes Mod, and we should be able to update this Module to fulfill your needs.

And, no offense intended to anyone, but the Dream would have still existed, and the fact that DP was released and approved here at SMF, after the 2 years of the fallout, proves this.  But we appreciate and won't forget all that was done for Dream Portal by ALL members.  We understand that our members have more important things to do in their lives vs. spending all of their time contributing to Dream Portal.  Slow and steady wins the race as in the "Tortoise and the Hare"!

He's asking in regard to "Likes" mod for SMF, not the blog module.

Xarcell

Hello,

+members avatars

Simply add the exact same code you already use to a "custom module" set to PHP within DP.

Jessica.

this portal mod looks a lot better than all the other ones. I'm gonna try it out
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

SoLoGHoST

Let us know your results.  There is much more planned for the future of Dream Portal that will blow you away in version 1.2.  You can get support for Dream Portal within this topic here, or at the Help and Support Board over at the DP.net site!  With Dream Portal, only the Custom Module is included with it, as opposed to other portals, so you have to just pick out the modules that you want from the Module Packages Board and just upload and install directly within the DP Admin - Extensions - Add Modules section.  You can also download cool templates for your modules from the Module Templates Board.

We hope you find the Dream Portal you've been looking for!

Dream Portal Team

For anyone interested in translating Dream Portal 1.1 into another language that can be uploaded directly into the Dream Portal software via the Extend Dream Portal -> Add Languages section, SoLoGHoST has created a youtube video that explains this step by step right here:  http://youtu.be/CtNEceDHTWw

We would greatly appreciate any translations that you have to offer and we'd be happy to include you onto the team at Dream Portal, if interested, for submitting your Language Pack, once completed to this topic here:  http://dream-portal.net/topic_1300.html

Thank You

SoLoGHoST

Just a thought...  I doubt there will be much to support for an ERROR-FREE and well coded Portal!  But just in case, we are always here to support it!  It's actually interesting to see not many posts in this topic, tells me that people are happy using the Portal and they have nothing bad to say about it.  Cause when you see other Mod Support Topics with tons of posts, it usually means that people are getting bugs with it, or the Mod isn't the way they thought it would be, or they want some feature that isn't within the Mod...

In any case, it feels good to have a Mod Support Topic with practically no one needing support for it!  Don't think many Mods out there could say the same...

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Dream Portal Team on November 06, 2012, 10:59:54 PM
For anyone interested in translating Dream Portal 1.1 into another language that can be uploaded directly into the Dream Portal software via the Extend Dream Portal -> Add Languages section, SoLoGHoST has created a youtube video that explains this step by step right here:  http://youtu.be/CtNEceDHTWw

We would greatly appreciate any translations that you have to offer and we'd be happy to include you onto the team at Dream Portal, if interested, for submitting your Language Pack, once completed to this topic here:  http://dream-portal.net/topic_1300.html

Thank You
Interesting. I never used Dream Portal. But may be I can translate it into Malay.

SoLoGHoST

That would be awesome, cause right now Dream Portal 1.1 has only been translated into the Russian language.  If you need any help after watching the video, just let us know.  You should definitely install a copy of Dream Portal to be able to see how your translation is going in your language pack.

Cheers :)

Advertisement: