News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Dream Portal

Started by Dream Portal Team, October 03, 2012, 03:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas-ruroken

Really good work. Congrats :)
Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

Kendrall

We currently use a different portal, but I'll run this on my test forum and compare the two.  Looks promising from what I read so far; I admit I'm a little lazy when it comes to working on layouts.  :P

SoLoGHoST

Sounds great.  Let us know what you think of Dream Portal.

Thanks,
Solomon

Kendrall

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on December 05, 2012, 06:06:43 PM
Sounds great.  Let us know what you think of Dream Portal.

Thanks,
Solomon

Will do.   It probably won't be until this weekend, though, but otherwise I'll definitely provide feedback one way or the other.

SoLoGHoST

Well, it's been several weeks now, and suppose you were going to get back with us with feedback on Dream Portal?  Anyways, I'm curious to know what others think of this portal.  Likes?  Dislikes?  Ideas?  Comments?  Suggestions?  Etc. etc.

Your feedback helps us help you.

Jack_40k

Why can't I see any modules on the site? It's really annoying me. When I click anything to do with modules, it just takes me to the home page. It's as if this entire mod is a troll.

Edit: ended up using google cache to get into it
Edit2: can't get onto the second page with google cache.

Such a shame

SoLoGHoST

@Jack_40k - I just updated the SimpleSEF version from 1.1 to 2.1 on the DP.net site, and well, ran into some bugs with SimpleSEF 2.1.  This is not a surprise, considering that the Mod hasn't been updated since June, 2011.  In any case, everything should now work fine.

Please let me know if you have anymore problems browsing the DP.net site.

Jack_40k

Thanks for the quick reply. Really love the package. If it works with my new forum, I'll donate. Well done.

Edit: Just letting you know, I can only see the first page. Second and third page are still broken. Cheers.

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Jack_40k on January 06, 2013, 11:29:30 PM
Edit: Just letting you know, I can only see the first page. Second and third page are still broken. Cheers.

Can you please post up all of the URLS:  1st, 2nd, and 3rd page that you are referring to exactly?  Also, try refreshing your browser on those pages, and/or clear your browsers cache.

Ok, I see what you are talking about... The modules section... give me a few minutes...

SoLoGHoST

Ok, you can browse all of the list of modules starting from this URL here:

http://dream-portal.net/index.php/board,65.0.html

The Top Nav Bar should have the correct urls in it now also...

The SimpleSEF Mod has ruined my DP.net site and well, I'm still getting bits and pieces of it together after disabling this Mod.

Dream Portal Team

There has been a bug detected in the jQuery Drag and Drop section of the Manage DP Layouts of the Dream Portal Admin, due to the newest update of jQuery, now being at version 1.9.  The bug is due to the fact that jQuery no longer supports the browser method.  The fix for this has been posted up here:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php/topic,1348.msg9218.html#msg9218

Dream Portal 1.1 will be updated shortly on the SMF Customization site as well as the DP.net site, a patch will be provided for those who have Dream Portal 1.1 all ready installed on their forums within the Announcements Board over at the DP.net site.  Will be a topic entitled, Dream Portal 1.1 - Update Pack #5.
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

Dream Portal Team

Ok, a package has been put together for those of you who have Dream Portal 1.1 installed already and are having problems with the Dragging of Modules within Dream Layouts.  Topic located here:  Dream Portal 1.1 - Update Pack #5  Just download and install via SMF Package Manager!
This is the universal account for the Dream Portal Team. All messages sent to this account will be discarded.  Please visit us at:  Dream Portal dot net for support and extensions to Dream Portal.

UserName900

[nofollow]

I install DP... if i try save changes on mod i see this message.
If i try delete DP, i receive this - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=500391.0

Please, help me.  :'(

UserName900

Guys... help please  :(

TheListener

Quote from: UserName900 on March 25, 2013, 12:32:46 PM
Guys... help please  :(

Please be patient.

Someone whom can help will be here when they can.

Are you registered on their site?

live627

Why should I help when you are so impatient as too bump in ~5 hours?

@Solo: Don't bother... he uninstalled it.

UserName900

If i del DP i receive - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=500391.0
I am registered on their site on March 24 and didn't receive the answer.
I perfectly understand that nobody is obliged to help me, but will independently cope with this problem at me it didn't turn out.

UserName900

My DP is established about 2 years.
I restored a backup with DP and it not a problem. But I should update DP to version 1.1 and if I delete 1.0.5 I all the same I receive an error of a template.

SoLoGHoST

This problem is resolved, helped him on the DP.net site.  Apparently, seems as if he was manually installing DP himself, as just about every operation in the modifications.xml file was missing cept for the index.php operations.

To all people in the future, if you are running DP 1.0.x, you must uninstall it completely (through the SMF Package Manager), and than you can install Dream Portal 1.1 through the SMF Package Manager!  It is important that you do this through the SMF Package Manager!  Trying to do this manually will only make things complicated!

Advertisement: