News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Subscriptions

Started by Saintgrim, October 02, 2012, 02:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saintgrim

Ok, the users on my forum are not being added to my VIP usergroup when they pay. Sometimes they do get added but it wont active and it makes it start on the day they buy it but makes it end 5 YEARS Ago.

This is my IPN information

Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
You have turned on the IPN feature. You can view your IPNs on the IPN History page. If necessary, you can resend IPN messages from that page. For more information on using and troubleshooting this feature, read more about Instant Payment Notification (IPN).

To stop receiving IPNs permanently, click Turn Off IPN.

Current settings
Notification URL   http://forum.sglegendaryhacks.com/subscriptions.php [nofollow]
Message delivery   Enabled

Kindred

just for historical evidence...

It's been reported several times.
However, no one who tests it can successfully reproduce the issue....

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=411199.msg2866349#msg2866349
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=423419.msg2964441#msg2964441
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=425238.0

it seems that it's always 5 years in the past... which implies a consistent error... and yet none of us who try to reproduce it can do so... the subscription works perfectly well on hundreds of other forums (including this one)
and THAT suggests some sort of server configuration issue that you folks who have the problem share.

Who is your host?
php version?
mods installed?
smf version?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

The date's meaningless - that's what it always is when subscription fails.  Look in your error log and post the subscription error.

You can disable IPN in your PayPal account.  It's not necessary for Paid Subs to work, you'll get the IPN regardless.

BTW, your theme looks a lot like DS MysticJade, but someone else has been credited.  That sort of thing doesn't go over well here.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Saintgrim

This is my error report

October 02, 2012, 12:18:16 AM
49fde5cf097b41690d0ae3c3cdd257bf
Type of error: General
http://forum.sglegendaryhacks.com/subscriptions.phpUnknown [nofollow] Paid Subscriptions transaction type.
transaction_subject: 1 Month V.I.P Subscription
payment_date: 17:17:57 Oct 01, 2012 PDT
txn_type: subscr_payment
subscr_id: I-7BW301KC0LEC
last_name: Renard
residence_country: CA
item_name: 1 Month V.I.P Subscription
payment_gross: 15.00
mc_currency: USD
business: [email protected]
payment_type: instant
protection_eligibility: Ineligible
verify_sign: AchcUiuYnUnvHJ00haAaBw9Uy80-Av8zmdlznoODHtlEOInv0c8ihDlj
payer_status: unverified
payer_email: [email protected]
txn_id: 2HR88819A5379844N
receiver_email: [email protected]
first_name: Fridgy
payer_id: LMR3F9GTGQ8AJ
receiver_id: KYXVA3BQPHZKG
item_number: 1+160
payment_status: Completed
payment_fee: 0.89
mc_fee: 0.89
mc_gross: 15.00
charset: windows-1252
notify_version: 3.7
ipn_track_id: 3c9602791a7a1

OCJ

Its not always the same though.

Sometimes its set to 2005 finished. Sometimes there is a pending payment link, sometimes not. But Ive never had a successful subscription set active in  nearly 2 years ... probably 400 subscriptions by now.

Its ok to say it cant be duplicated but where are you testing it - on your own servers? That is probably not typical at all. Most people are probably on shared hosting and on some of the large hosting company servers. Have you tested on those?

Saintgrim

I am using X10hosting Premium hosting, I see that a lot of people have this problem there has to be some way of fixing it. In 2 week I have had 15 subscriptions I can't manually process them all

Storman™

QuoteBTW, your theme looks a lot like DS MysticJade, but someone else has been credited.  That sort of thing doesn't go over well here.

It is definately a standard MysticJade theme. Not exactly hard to get past the "no right click" (why do people add that ?)

Hmmm... you won't be getting any support from me thats for sure.

OCJ

I do it every day ... nearly. 18 months now.

Kindred

well,

1- I would hardly say that "lots" of people have this problem. I linked three threads from years ago... and there are one or two now.  Out of all the installs, that is hardly even close to "lots".
That being said, we're tryingt o figure out what is going on...

2- Yes, I have used it on shared hosting not just owned or dedicated servers.
As I said, since we can't reproduce it, and it's not widespread that would imply something specific... probably host or server setup related.
It's all well and good to say "it happens all the time for me" but if we can not reproduce it on a system which we can investigate, how are our developers supposed to fix it?

3- It does indeed look like SaintGrim has a violated the terms of the theme that he is using.
(evidence - background image is /Themes/mysticjade_20/images/custom/toolbar-bg.png)
So, that's about all the time that I will spend on this specific instance.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

@igirisjin - Start a new thread, I may be able to help you.

- R. Waters

Saintgrim

Can we get off the fact this its mysticjade, I change the Author because of all the work I am about to the look of it. Change the background image. The color, new buttons I just needed a nice default templet.

Thanks to the guys that responded, I guess I will have to keep using it untill a fix it found

OCJ

@Krash

Ok, I had a thread about this last year. I can give access if you want to check the settings. Or I can set up a board in another folder on the site.

As far as I can see it is set correctly and IPN returning. Maybe its a Bluehost problem and if the problem can be found they said they would try and fix it. If not I will have to move to another host (some recommended here) but I paid for 3 years there... We get a very generous email limit and no other problems with them I can complain about really - for the price.

Away for a few days but next week I will get back to it.

Sir Osis of Liver

PM access info - I'll take a look.

- R. Waters

OCJ

Wonderful timing... Paypal just blocked payments until my ID card is confirmed (Japan). New rules for money laundering here.

Will get back to it when its opened again.

Advertisement: