News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Topics Problem

Started by kmbosha, October 06, 2012, 12:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmbosha

Hi, Thanks For This Great Fourm Script... I have a small problem in my forum... when i post a topic or delete it... my fourm take 2 or 3 mintues to let me show this updated or i must clear my pc cache & temp files to view them directly... any one know how to fix this issue ?

Regards

Colin

What browser are you using?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

kmbosha

Colin

Any chance I can get a link to your forum and a demo account?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

kmbosha

Sure sir,
http://kmbosha.tk/smf [nofollow]
Username: ****
Password: ****

Kays

Hi kmbosha, welcome to SMF. :)

It's not a good idea to be posting the password to an admin account on an open forum. So I've taken the liberty of removing the password.

Please read: A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Your problem could be due to SMF caching rather than browser. Go into the admin CP > Server settings > caching and disable it temporarily.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

kmbosha

Quote from: Colin on October 06, 2012, 03:55:32 AM
Any chance I can get a link to your forum and a demo account?

Sir, forum details send in P.M

kmbosha

Quote from: Kays on October 06, 2012, 08:50:29 AM
Hi kmbosha, welcome to SMF. :)

It's not a good idea to be posting the password to an admin account on an open forum. So I've taken the liberty of removing the password.

Please read: A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Your problem could be due to SMF caching rather than browser. Go into the admin CP > Server settings > caching and disable it temporarily.

Thank You, I'm So Sorry about this wrong, i  did the step you told me about stop caching but still not working good.

Regards

Shambles

If you make a post, then immediately do a hard browser refresh (control/F5 in Windows) does that post appear straight away?

kmbosha

Quote from: Shambles™ on October 06, 2012, 10:29:41 AM
If you make a post, then immediately do a hard browser refresh (control/F5 in Windows) does that post appear straight away?

Yes, That's Right... how to fix this ?

Regards

Colin

Step 1

Type: "about:config" in address bar ( where you type http://simplemachines.org for example )

Step 2

Type "cache" in the search bar, or look for "network.http.use-cache"

Step 3

Double click on "True" and it will set it to "False"

Colin

kmbosha

Quote from: Colin on October 06, 2012, 01:28:45 PM
Step 1

Type: "about:config" in address bar ( where you type http://simplemachines.org for example )

Step 2

Type "cache" in the search bar, or look for "network.http.use-cache"

Step 3

Double click on "True" and it will set it to "False"

I do it, But the same... no new!

Arantor

I have no idea why people are directing you to change your browser's caching, it won't make any difference.

How, exactly, did you clear the cache in the forum? (Since that's where's important)

kmbosha

Quote from: Arantor on October 06, 2012, 07:13:38 PM
I have no idea why people are directing you to change your browser's caching, it won't make any difference.

How, exactly, did you clear the cache in the forum? (Since that's where's important)
Did u mean that : Your problem could be due to SMF caching rather than browser. Go into the admin CP > Server settings > caching and disable it temporarily.
???
Regards

Arantor

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Did you do that?

kmbosha

Quote from: Arantor on October 06, 2012, 08:05:38 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Did you do that?

Caching Level : No Cache!

Arantor

Did you also go to Admin > Maintenance > Routine > Empty File Cache?

Also, there is a very, very, very good reason caching happens: so that your host doesn't get too upset about the amount of database use. If you're still having delays, that's generally a sign that your host isn't very good anyway.

kmbosha

Quote from: Colin on October 06, 2012, 11:53:45 PM
Quote from: Arantor on October 06, 2012, 07:13:38 PM

Considering I tested this on my machine and had no caching issues....
did u mean forum working with u OK ?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I have tested your forum by replying as a guest. There is no problem at all.

Colin

Quote from: ahrasis on October 07, 2012, 11:28:15 PM
I have tested your forum by replying as a guest. There is no problem at all.
The issue isn't that you can't reply, but that the reply is not visible until a certain period of time. It still seems to be happening. Some sort of server-side caching is happening behind the scenes.

Colin

Advertisement: