News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Syntax error: require_once Settings.php

Started by Rowe, October 10, 2012, 03:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

nightbre,

although the PROJECT is open source, **ONLY** SMF v2.0, v2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (and now 2.1 alpha) are released under BSD license.

graphics used on *THIS* site are not open source and are not distributable or re-usable. We have granted no one permission to use, re-use, distribute OR MODIFY those badges.

As for a copyright statement --  unless otherwise specifically stated, ALL WORKS ARE AUTOMATICALLY COPYRIGHTED BY THE AUTHOR/ARTIST. There is no need for any statement unless the default, automatic copyright is to be changed.

As for you, Rowe...   taking a graphic is taking a graphic. Just because you changed the font does NOT make it a new graphic and the copyright of the original author still stands.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Night09

Thanks for the clarification, I didnt know it worked like that. :)

Rowe

Now i'm getting this.

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead in /home/rstamina/public_html/smf/index.php on line 55

Warning: require_once(/home/rstamina/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs-Portal.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rstamina/public_html/smf/index.php on line 55

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead in /home/rstamina/public_html/smf/index.php on line 55

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/rstamina/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs-Portal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rstamina/public_html/smf/index.php on line 55

mashby

Did you install and/or uninstall a portal?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Rowe

Yes, this is the problem I keep running into.

I'm not sure why portals are so difficult to setup.

TheListener

TheListener

Were there any errors on inatalling the portal?

Have a look at the mods topic and also www.simpleportal.net

Rowe

No errors, just when I was installing it I had a couple problems with it working.

Tried adding it into the index and then got these errors.

Kindred

Have you removed the badges?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rowe

Could you not spam my topic? If you have a question PM me. Has nothing to do with my thread.

Thanks?

TheListener

@Rowe As a member of the Support Team Kindred has every right to ask you the question.

mashby

It's not really spam though is it. I'm learning more about these badges and I think I'm going to respect the copyright and bow out of this topic and any other topics you might create until you can respect the copyright. Thanks?
- James M. Barrie

Rowe

If I can't access the forum, I can't remove the badges.

mashby

The request to remove the badges was long before this happened.
- James M. Barrie

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Rowe on October 11, 2012, 11:56:17 PM
If I can't access the forum, I can't remove the badges.

You can remove the badges via file manager or ftp etc... :P

Angelina Belle

Hi Rowe, and welcome to SMF.

I know that you did not previously understand the SMF team's position with regard to copyright on the badge background graphics.
I think that, by cheerfully, and with courtesy and respect, replacing those disputed graphics with something else (even a star, temporarily, until you are able to design the kind of badges you really want), I think you can get most of the SMF team back on your side.

Then, I think solving your problems will be easy.

I think ahrasis is correct.  For the SMF forum at /index.php, you can use ftp to find and replace the disputed graphics.
For the forum at /smf/index.php, you might find it even easier -- that forum is up and running, and you can use the admin center to replace the badges.

When you have done that, and the team is back on your side, the team will be very willing to help you sort out what you have going on, whether you want the forum at / or the one at /smf. And people knowledgeable with Simple Portal will be happy to talk to you about how to set up your portal in "front page" or "standalone" mode, depending on where you want your forum to be.

The missing Settings.php file will be easy to solve, and the problem to do with strict standards has a solution as well.

I think it will not be too difficult, once you get everyone back on your side.

All the best!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Rowe

I think it's extremely funny how I'm being denied help because of a small image that I am using on my free forum.

I would understand if I'm using it to profit.

The images were removed completely, I hope everyone is satisfied.

Arantor

It's about respect, stealing images without respect is not tolerated here. Neither are forums that clearly have warez links (or an entire board full of topics)

I think it's extremely funny how you think you're entitled to support but have pretty much no respect for the volunteers that offer it.

Rowe

I don't see how me using a person's creation is considering stealing and disrespectful.

I'm not defacing the graphic, i'm using it because I personally like it.

Advertisement: