an issue

Started by kiddo1, October 11, 2012, 01:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiddo1

hello im going back to mybb and i want to convert again. now i downloaded the ipb 3.2/3.3 wip converter and installed it. Now, when i got to convert.php and put in the info like the path to ipb 3.2 but i have 3.3.4 anyway when i put the path to ipb it says

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 3.2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'onl1228508191378'@'184.168.152.123' for table 'members'

the funny thing is, my database onl1228508191378'@'184.168.152.123'  is for wordpress not ipb and the ipb database is site123. example my site is hxxp:online-wrestling-alliance.com [nonactive] the wordpress is there and hxxp:online-wrestling-alliance.com/forum/ [nonactive] is where the ipb is, but why is smf picking up my wordpress database not ipb even if did to the right path

kat

I think you'll need the MyBB forum, oddly enough...

Quote from: kiddo1 on October 11, 2012, 01:25:23 PM
hello im going back to mybb and i want to convert again.

That's if, as you say, you're "going back to mybb".

http://community.mybb.com

kiddo1

yea but mybb doesnt support ipb 3.3.4 convert. so i need to do  ipb to smf then to mybb i finally got it to go the right database for smf now i get

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 3.2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'mergg33'@'184.168.152.123' for table 'members'

kat

That error is pretty obvious, I'd've thought.

"the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it"

seems pretty clear, to me.

If it exists, you're using the wrong login details. You need the database logins, of course, not your forum's.

Advertisement: