good evening

I hope that the section is correct

I wanted to know how do you bring up the translator forum

so users can choose the language?

P.S languages ​​I have installed through the admin panel

REGARDS

<<Edited to remove caps-locked title>>

Night09

Hi, have you had a look at the wiki page on languages?  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_do_I_add_a_new_language

If you need help still after checking it out post back. I think this needs moving to smf 2.x support board too but hopefully a mod will spot it and move it over for you. :)

xena1997

Friend I do not mean

anyway thanks anyway

Herman's Mixen

Go admin centre --> languages --> settings

Or similair coz i am a 2.1 user it may be different for 2.0.x but you have to look into that direction, also users can set it in their own profile ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

xena1997

hello

installed languages

but the item does not appear in the forum

how do users can change the language?

regards

Arantor

No item appears in the forum. Users can change it from their profile.

The dropdown that's here is a mod called Language Dropdown.

xena1997

VERY THANKS

The dropdown that's here is a mod called Language Dropdown.

how can I put this up?

regards

Arantor

xena1997

thanks

What should I look for?

or the name of the mod?

regards

Arantor

The name of the mod is Language Dropdown...

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=598 since using search is too difficult.

xena1997

THANKS FRIEND...................

you can use google translator?

Arantor

That's a separate mod but that's not what it's for and Google Translator isn't actually that good.

xena1997

I understand friend ;D

I mean I can use the script to google translator for the forum?

regards

Arantor

Not that one you can't. I believe there is another mod for it, but honestly, it's not worth the effort.

xena1997

ok...... ;)

which model do you recommend for the forum?

also the most important mod.

I would like a forum packed with features and safety ;D

regards

Arantor

Seems to me like you don't really know what you want... and thus starting a forum is probably not what you want to do.

I don't run with any of those such mods on my forums. All my forums are in one language, which is the language that the entire community speaks - English. I have no need for translations or anything else, because I'm not providing content for other languages.

SMF has a bunch of features but I have no idea whether those features are the ones your intended community needs. Maybe it's enough. Maybe it isn't. Either way you need to sit down and decide what you're trying to do before running ahead blindly and doing it.

xena1997

you're right :D

however I have users all over the world

1) hello I'm looking for a complete set of medals

example

2) I wanted to know if there is a mod to add the role of moderator in all sections

regards

regards

Arantor

2) is easy, no modification required, just make them a global moderator by changing their account settings from their profile.

1) is a lot more complex. Try searching on Google.

xena1997

Quote from: Arantor on October 16, 2012, 03:18:15 PM
The name of the mod is Language Dropdown...

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=598 since using search is too difficult.

hello

the plugin is not compatible

you can install the same?

regards

xena1997

kat

Did you try using emulation, during the install? (I assume you've backed-up your forum, like a good admin).

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn't_work_in_my_SMF_version

Please, be patient. As we're all volunteers and we live in different parts of the world, we can't be here all the time, to help you.

xena1997

hello

is there a way to hide the links to the visitors?

so are obliged to register

regards

Arantor

There are but it actually tends to annoy visitors rather than encouraging them to sign up - and there are possible negative effects from search engines too.

xena1997

Arantor

xena1997

however, if you wanted to block the view of the links to visitors as I do?

kat

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=118

or

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2953

would do it. But, your members will have to get used to posting links inside tags.

Although, you might be able to get around that, with judicious use of the "Word Censoring" feature. ;)

They do that on a lot of wa*ez sites.

Allegedly.

xena1997

Quote from: K@ on October 18, 2012, 12:48:21 PM
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=118

or

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2953

would do it. But, your members will have to get used to posting links inside tags.

Although, you might be able to get around that, with judicious use of the "Word Censoring" feature. ;)

They do that on a lot of wa*ez sites.

Allegedly.

thanks

I'm not practical you can choose the best and if it is compatible?

regards

kat

Well, you know better than me what your members are like. ;)

I use the Hide Tag Special mod, myself.

xena1997

hello

how to create a backup?

regards

xena1997

thanks

sorry I can not find this function database with phpMyAdmin

regards

kat

xena1997

hello

you kindly write step by step?

regards

kat

I did, on that page I linked you to. :)

QuoteBacking up your database with cPanel
Firstly, look for the section labelled "Files" and click on (You guessed it) "Backups".
In the new page that opens, you'll see "Download a MySQL Database Backup".
Under that, click on the name of your database and a requester will open, so that you can choose where that backup should be downloaded to.

It really is as simple as that!

xena1997

I can not find anywhere this item :-[

xena1997

kat

Do you have CPanel? Or, perhaps, something else?

It may be best, if you don't have something, like that, to ask your host how you're supposed to backup.

xena1997

kat

So? What do you have?

If you're not sure about how to do the backup thing, it might be best, as I said, to ask your host.

xena1997

ok... :D

why not ask me more password to access the voice admin?

xena1997

xena1997

hi

how to change the color of the gif of the groups?

{URL tema}/images/ star.gif

regards

xena1997

Quote from: xena1997 on October 21, 2012, 01:37:33 AM
hi

regards

someone help me please?

xena1997

hi

regards

MovedGoalPosts

Those are images stored within the images folder for your SMF theme.  If you want a different colour scheme, or indeed different image, you must create new images to be uploaded to your themes images folder and linked to these from the membergroup permissions.

xena1997

thanks

how do you create? and how they fit?

you have already prepared something?

regards

MovedGoalPosts

If you want different "stars", you need to either find something on the web that will fit your purpose - there are probably quite a few sets of rank type images out there if you google.

Alternatively you need to create your own set of images, in your preferred graphics editing software.  For example on my forum the star images are replaced with graphics denoting British Army ranks, which fits in with my UK based gaming clan's concept where we play First Person Shooters.

Once you have your images, you can upload them to the required folder using ftp, and then make sure they are correctly linked using your membergroup settings.

xena1997

xena1997

sorry but how do I access data for ftp?

where I find them?

MovedGoalPosts

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

Your web server provider should have given you the connection / login details, assuming that your service allows ftp.  Some cheaper sites might only allow you to upload / download files using a file manager from the website control panel.

kat

Just replace that graphic with your own. ;)

Quote from: xena1997 on October 20, 2012, 10:56:37 AM
ok... :D

why not ask me more password to access the voice admin?

I'm afraid that I don't understand. :(

xena1997

how can I create a section o forum under password?

xena1997

how can I create a section o forum under password?

Colin

Please do a search of the mod site before coming here asking if a mod exists. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2873
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

emanuele

It would be much better to set the proper membergroups and permissions, much more "safe". ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Colin

xena1997, I merged a couple of duplicate topics you have created. Please refrain from making multiple topics for the same issue.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: