News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Forbidden???

Started by Daktyl198, October 23, 2012, 04:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daktyl198

My forum works pretty normally, but things turn odd when you try to do a couple things. When you try to:
A) Post a new thread/reply containing more than 4 hyperlinks and
B) when I try to edit my templates via the forum's admin panel

It redirects to a "Forbidden" page, saying I am not allowed to access /forums/index.php on that server.
But people can post threads/replies with 3 or less links fine, and everything else works fine as well.

What could be wrong with my SMF installation??

Shambles

Dunno about A), but when I started suffering B) I contacted my host who admitted to having placed my forum within the confines of their new mod_security.

I asked to be placed into a DMZ while they sorted it out and they obliged (which cured my fault). Later (due to other issues such as not being to make posts with words such as "select" in them) I had Mod_sec turned off and all my ails were cured.

So, in summary, have a word with your provider.

Kindred

SMF version?
Mods installed?
URL?

Although the capability is there, you really should never edit your templates through the smf interface, if there is any other option.  Use your site's cpanel/file manager or ftp+text editor instead.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: