News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Simple Chart

Started by Akyhne, October 25, 2012, 11:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akbora

This mod is super and excellent. But this is so hard for user because what are the code and codes we can not remember these during the post message. It would be better come these codes as automtic. Isn't it? Thanks
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Shambles

I just received an update notification, yet the version hasn't changed  ???

Akyhne

Quote from: akbora on October 28, 2012, 05:58:46 AM
This mod is super and excellent. But this is so hard for user because what are the code and codes we can not remember these during the post message. It would be better come these codes as automtic. Isn't it? Thanks
I have given this a lot of thoughts. But there are so many options that it's hard to choose what code to use. As an example, the 'height' only affects vertial charts.

What I would like to do, probably, is to have a drop-down menu in the BBC bar where you can click on a gauge, pie etc. to choose the proper code. But it would require some changes to the .js scripts in the forum's themes.

Quote from: ShamPire on October 28, 2012, 06:24:37 AM
I just received an update notification, yet the version hasn't changed  ???
It's a IE9 / SMF mod site bug. Whenever I edit the mod in an IE9 browser and click "save", the notify button is enabled, no matter what I changed.
In this case, I only added an image preview to the mod. I'll try to remember using another browser next time.

Akyhne

Quote from: ShamPire on October 26, 2012, 04:40:01 AM
Nope - no errors. I'll go check that folder....

EDIT: All folders intact
They aren't. The mod extracts a folder names Simple_Chart. It should be in the position: ./Simple_Chart

It isn't on your site:
http://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/Simple_Chart

Shambles

No it isn't now as I removed the package 2 days ago. Previously, all was intact.

I'll reinstall and check again later, but when I uninstalled it the pie diagrams would not show up (everything else did tho)

Akyhne

That folder is "only" nessescary for pie, gauge & star charts.

Shambles

I'll be reinstalling shortly. The star charts always worked, but not pie and gauge.

cieplutki

Works fine http://www.zion-dc.ovh.org/index.php?topic=3.msg6#msg6

[chart title="Gdzie nas oglądają" layout=pie]Mazowieckie=1296|Malopolskie=831|Wielkopolskie=460|Łódzkie=392|Podlaskie=365|Śląskie=361|Dolnośląskie=328|Warmińsko-Mazurskie=325|Lubelskie=309|Podkarpackie=270|Pomorskie=151|Świętokrzyskie=129|Kujawsko-Pomorskie=106|Zachodnio-Pomorskie=105|Lubuskie=82|Opolskie=57[/chart]

Shambles

Quote from: ShamPire on October 28, 2012, 09:00:22 AM
I'll be reinstalling shortly. The star charts always worked, but not pie and gauge.
Reinstalled on localhost, cleared down all cache files and the pie-charting now works fine. Just the "gauge" letting it down now...

I'll bang it on my live forum later.

Here's the issue when using "layout=gauge"

Jessica.

Quote from: Akyhne on October 28, 2012, 04:33:20 AM
Well, did you add that hosting24 analytics code via a mod or what?

No
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Akyhne

It's probably your host that has the script added to your files, without noticing you.

Inti31

cool mod - works fine!

http://test.epica-forum.de/allgemeine-diskussionen/chart/

what is the code for these charts?

cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Akyhne

[chart
layout=stars
style=led|book    (optional)
max=20    (optional, defaults to 10)
]
xyz=5
[/chart]

So..
[chart layout=stars]x=4[/chart]    (4 out of 10 stars)

[chart layout=stars max=5]r=4[/chart]    (4 out of 5 stars)

[chart layout=stars style=book]x=4[/chart]    (4 out of 10 books)

Read the ./Simple_Chart/images/stars/readme.txt on how to add your own icons.

Inti31

thx for advising me - works...
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Akyhne

Quote from: akbora on October 28, 2012, 05:58:46 AM
In the new 0.5 release, I have added a few help tools that can help you remembering the codes.

1) You can install the help button add-on. It's available on the download site. It adds a drop-down to the posting area in SMF 2 and a more cool one in SMF 2.1.
They have links that inserts general codes, as well as the lower ones insert a complete options layout for each type of chart.

2) A separate script has been added to Simple Chart 0.5 that you can access from http://yourforum.tld/Simple_Chart/bbc_generator.php.
It is a page where you put in your values and choose all other options, then you can snap the generated BBC code and use that to post in your forum.

Jessica.

I installed this on a test forum that uses 2.1 alpha, and I added the help button, but that button is not clickable. I can't click it.

Akyhne

I'll check later. Am on a train now

Akyhne

Works fine from phone.what is it you don't get on the screen?

Jessica.

Well the button appears but I can't click it...let me give you my forum's link and a test account...

Akyhne

Advertisement: