News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

fatal error and other things that i dont know

Started by Pauloffreewebs, October 28, 2012, 05:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauloffreewebs

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/index.php on line 43

Warning: require_once(/home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/index.php on line 43

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/index.php on line 43

kat

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]

is one for your host to sort out, as php.ini needs to be edited.

The other one...

Settings.php

Is that file read-enabled? (Assuming it exists, that is)

MrPhil

"Strict Standards": your host has upgraded to PHP 5.3. You need to define a proper timezone for your system. One way is to check if you have a "default_timezone" entry in your "smf_settings" table that is currently not valid or is missing. It should be 'America/New_York' (or whatever is your correct timezone, per http://us3.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php). This can be set from Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > General. It gives you a list to choose from.

"Fatal error": SMF is complaining that it can't find the Settings.php configuration file. Did you erase it, rename it, move it, or change its permissions? It should be in the same directory as the main index.php, named Settings.php, and have permissions 444 (Read-Only). It should have content and not be 0 bytes in size.

Storman™

For the time zone issue, adding it to the .htaccess might do the trick:

#Set the timezone
SetEnv TZ Europe/London
#Set the timezone ends

Obviously you'll need the relevant time zone for where ever you are...

Pauloffreewebs

i tried changing it my self and now i have
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ')' in /home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/index.php on line 43

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Pauloffreewebs

im not to exsactly suire, would a reinstall fix it with the back up package thing

mashby

I wouldn't try that quite yet. Can you attach your forum/index.php file? Please do not upload your Settings.php file though. That contains very sensitive information.
- James M. Barrie

Pauloffreewebs

mashby

- James M. Barrie

Pauloffreewebs

back to this

Warning: require_once(/home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/u760459691/public_html/Forum/index.php on line 43

mashby

OK...let's start with Mr.Phil's suggestion. What file size is Settings.php? If it's bigger than zero, next we're on to Storman's suggestion.
Quote from: Storman™ on October 28, 2012, 10:53:34 AM
For the time zone issue, adding it to the .htaccess might do the trick:

#Set the timezone
SetEnv TZ Europe/London
#Set the timezone ends

Obviously you'll need the relevant time zone for where ever you are...
I might even start with that one.
- James M. Barrie

Pauloffreewebs

Storman™

Are u sure ? The file should be in the root of your site, in your case in the   /public_html/Forum  folder

Is this a new install or has this forum been live for a while ?

Pauloffreewebs

forum was alive for a while i installed a mod it did not work i removed stuff
then i got this error

kat

As that file holds all the information that your database needs, you're in what us tech-whizzes know as "Up ****** creek".

How the hell can you lose THAT?!?!?!

Do you have Setting.php.bak, that you can rename?

If not, you'll need to get the file from the install archive and stick it on your site, in the root of your forum.

Then, you want to do this:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

Pauloffreewebs

i dont have the sttings back up i whiped the whole forum folder and replaced it with the back uo

Pauloffreewebs

kat

Read that post, mate. It gives you the full "What to do?", there. :)

But, if you've restored a backup and it works, why bother?

Advertisement: