News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

helping suggestion

Started by Pauloffreewebs, October 30, 2012, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauloffreewebs

some users beeing new to all this like me dont understand on what the helpers mean whe asking us to do stuff, with this idea it will help us.

you should have a helping system like teamviewer so we give the support the details so they can connect to us and help us directly

hope you like this idea

mashby

I personally will not use Teamviewer. And even if I could, I wouldn't. Why? I prefer to have the knowledge available here for others to search for future problems. If you pay me, I might use Teamviewer though.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Pauloffreewebs

Herman's Mixen

TeamViewer is not an option, as you dont learn what need to be done in example PhpMyAdmin, Editing the *.php files, Theming, Modding, FTP or whatever is needed.

There for you can better search our boards here or ask your questions in the proper boards, most of us are all volunteers.
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Kindred

Quote from: The Burglar! on October 30, 2012, 04:09:02 PM
most of us are all volunteers.

Just a quick correction.
ALL of us are volunteers. None of the team members get paid for their work... and other community members are just that - helpful community members.

Paul,
If you don't understand, then ask for clarification.  You won't learn if you don't ask... or if you have someone do it for you. Just try to be CLEAR when you request help...
for example,
(and this is not directed at you, Paul... this is pointed at certain OTHER members who seem to be looking for help, but won't help us help them)
if someone who is trying to help/address your problem asks "smf version, mods installed, url", answering with that exact information is what is desired... repeating the problem or answering only ONE of those questions is not helpful.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Just a note...

I've been helping Paul, via PM. I've not been as diligent as I would normally be, because of Real Life stuff. :(

So, there have been a few delays, for which I heartily apologise. But, it would've been the same, even if I used a messenger thing, coz Real Life HAS to come first. ;)

At least we got it figured-out, in the end. :)

Advertisement: