News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Registering for a website-too difficult

Started by hayley3, October 31, 2012, 10:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayley3

Really I am so frustrated so I am posting it here...A community forum website I am trying to register for, is using this software and the help button leads me here.  How dumb is that....The website has a question to register that I don't know the answer to, so how am I supposed to register and find the answer to the question if I can't log into the website.  And the help button leads me here....Did no one think that thru?  There should be a help button for the people who own the site.  Geeeeeez!  Security has gotten ridiculous.  Can someone contact the website I am trying to get into and let them know I need the answer to the damn question.

snh.cc/community/index.php

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Arantor

Well, I found the answer by searching the site for 'level 100', it's in http://snh.cc/community/index.php?topic=545.msg1945#msg1945 if you're wondering. The site is visible to guests, after all.

The idea is that someone who answers that question probably would know something of the material - it's designed to keep spammers out.

ApplianceJunk

Quoteand the help button leads me here.  How dumb is that....

I agree, it's dumb. But it better then nothing if the site owner is not going to make their own help pages.

hayley3

Thanks,  I appreciate everyone's response, I did get in finally.   8)

Advertisement: