News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Similar Topics

Started by Bugo, November 04, 2012, 02:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpaul2k2

i tried this mod yesterday and it's working just fine.
but some people are complaining about the mod , not working again, glossary and stuff like that

please i will like to use this especially while writing a post. it will help me to link with other previous post of mine  :D

my question is, will it stop working oneday cos some Great person are already complaining ??
thanks

Bugo

As far as I know, Glossary mod compatible only with SMF 2.0 RC1. Or are you using other, more new version of that mod?

Dave J

Quote from: Bugo on March 08, 2013, 03:08:45 AM
As far as I know, Glossary mod compatible only with SMF 2.0 RC1. Or are you using other, more new version of that mod?

Nope I'm using the original Bugo, but as it has been installed for a long time I thought it worth telling others that the two are not compatible...your mod works perfectly so there is nothing wrong with that and the glossary works OK too but the two will not work together.

Maybe that could be a project for someone to update the glossary :)
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

johnpaul2k2

i am using 2.0.4 and it's working fine.

do i still need the glossary stuff??

Dave J

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on March 08, 2013, 04:48:14 AM
i am using 2.0.4 and it's working fine.

do i still need the glossary stuff??

The 'Glossary' is an aditional mod that can be downloaded and installed via the 'Modifications' section here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1525

It is not a part of any standard SMF installation and you would not want it unless you felt you had a need for it.

If you haven't installed it then you will not have any problem with the 'Similar Topics' mod.

I was only bringing it to peoples attention to avoid the possible conflict.

To help rule out some of the questions of compatability below are the mods I have on my site and the 'Similar Topics' works correctly:

1.   PM to New Members   1.2
2.   Disable 'last edit by...' for Administrators   1.8
3.   Downloads System Pro   2.1.9
4.   Hide Tag Special   3.0     
5.   Thank-o-matic   3.0     
6.   Project Snow 1.2   1.2     
7.   Aeva Media   1.4w     
8.   Mobile Device Detect   0.2.2     
9.   Childboards as Dropdown   2.0.3     
10.   Users mass actions   0.1.1     
11.   PostLimit   1.0     
12.   New Topic Button   1.0     
13.   Similar Topics   0.6     
14.   Images On Board   3.0     
15.   Membergroup Prefixes   1.1     
16.   SimplePortal   2.3.5     
17.   Ad Managment   3.0.1     
18.   Highlight Unread Topics   2.0     
19.   geoIP Location   1.1.1     
20.   Highslide 4 SMF   0.7a     
21.   SMFPacks Shoutbox   1.0.3     
22.   Hide the content of {code} tags from guests   1.1     
23.   Happy Birthday   0.2.2 
24.   SMF 2.0.3 Update   1.0     
25.   InformationBar   1.0 
26.   InLine Attachments   1.2     
27.   Holiday/Sunday Color Red   1.0.1
28.   Welcome Topic Mod   2.1     
29.   Separate the sticky topics   1.0.0 
30.   EU cookie law   0.1.2     
31.   Add Social Media Icons To Profiles   1.0.3 
32.   Quick Spoiler   0.9.2     
33.   Hide Membergroup Titles   1.0    
34.   SMF 2.0.4 Update   1.0     
35.   Users Online Today   2.0     
36.   Custom Greeting Mod   1.1.1     
37.   Advanced Topic Prefix Mod   3.0.1     
38.   SimpleColorizer   1.1     
39.   Drafts   1.1.2

There are times when I think it would be easier to keep my mouth shut
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Gryzor

Hahaha I'm getting older, had to copy/paste that text to read it :D

In any case, a good job you did there, dajevo!

Bugo

Glossary mod uses jQuery 1.3.2. Similar Topics uses the latest version (1.9.1). Just think :)

johnpaul2k2

you are the boss!!
Quote from: Bugo on March 08, 2013, 04:29:23 PM
Glossary mod uses jQuery 1.3.2. Similar Topics uses the latest version (1.9.1). Just think :)

i once requested for mod that will help me build auto link which i havn't till today but i think this mod will save my butt because it does similar.

the sweetest thing is while typing your subject, you will be seeing similar post with exact keywords. since i have been linking my posts with other similar thousands of my previous post

thanks alot

sanax

Great mod! Any way I can move the 'similar topic' results above the 'Page 1' link in the Display.template.php? I would like to have it right below the actual message.

Rob Lightbody

Working perfectly, thanks!

I had to turn off the feature for using it during new topic creation, as it was flashing and flickering as it updated while i typed the subject, I think it looked really unprofessional.

mehrtadbir

Hello