New to Simple machines forum, many bugs to sort out.

Started by melanie1986, November 04, 2012, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPhil

File Transfer Protocol. A utility for transferring files between two computers.

Colin

Who is your host? FTP stand for File Transfer Protocol and would allow me to manipulate the file structure of your forum to locate the Attachments directory and verify its permissions are configured correctly.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

melanie1986

;D Lols guys..... there is only one of me :P

Ah..... okays. Now I know. I am still waiting for the guy that set the forum up for me to let me know that. He is in another country and we seem to miss each other frequently. I'll send him a PM or email and let you know Colin via PM tomorow hoepfully :D

and thank you both. You guys are awesome! Best forum help I've ever had!

Colin

Fantastic let us know!

So happy to hear you are liking SMF!

Colin

melanie1986

I will. I've already emailed him so I should get and answer in my morning :D

Loving it !  :)

melanie1986

re: my last post. No answer yet :-\

back to my earlier question, how do I attach my own forum logo/banner to my main page theme?  ;D do I need specific sizes and resolution?

Antechinus

Nope. Any size should be ok. There's an input box for the logo url on the "Current Theme" page in admin.

melanie1986

Oh cool thank you Antechinus............. btw where did you get that name? lol  ;D

Shambles

melanie1986

melanie1986

okays I have this page. what do I do now?

Modify Themes
SMF Default Theme - Curve (2.0)

Browse the templates and files in this theme.
    Edit this theme's stylesheets.
    Copy a template from the theme this is based on.

Kill Em All

You are viewing the modify themes tab. Select the Theme Settings tab instead. Then select your default theme. You should then see the "Logo image URL:" Ant was talking about.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

melanie1986

Ah...okays. That makes more sense now :D thank you.

I can't remember if I asked this before. How do I change the topic icons? Instead of the default one that looks like a page I wanted to have something like this

Kill Em All

Admin>Forum>Smileys and message icons>settings>tick Enable customized message icons

Then you can edit message icons in the new tab next to smiley sets.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Antechinus

Quote from: melanie1986 on November 07, 2012, 01:51:34 PM
Oh cool thank you Antechinus............. btw where did you get that name? lol  ;D

They're Australian native animals. Due to the environment they live in, the species has an unusual breeding strategy. The males literally f**k themselves to death. I found it rather amusing. Reminded me of some behaviour I've seen in humans.

melanie1986

melanie1986

Quote from: Kill Em All on November 09, 2012, 01:16:51 AM
Admin>Forum>Smileys and message icons>settings>tick Enable customized message icons

Then you can edit message icons in the new tab next to smiley sets.

No that's not it? I mean this

Kill Em All

melanie1986

Advertisement: