News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"An Error Has Ocurred" On Registration

Started by mani123, November 04, 2012, 11:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mani123

The registration is broken, every time someone tries to register they get "An error has occurred" on the next page with nothing on it just blank. It broke between yesterday and today. I don't know the cause of since I have not installed nothing on the forum or have done any drastic changes. I did try repair settings and nothing happened. website is dnmodz.com

Installed mods:
1.    SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.0.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Spoiler Tag    0.7.2a    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Ad Managment    3.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SimplePortal    2.3.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    SA Facebook    2.0 RC4 Rev58    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC5/Final Plugin    3.2.1    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Aeva Media    1.4w    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Google Analytics Code    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Anti-Spam Verification Questions    1.02    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Double Post Stopper    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    KeyCAPTCHA for SMF    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    ENotify    2.0.2    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Login Security    1.0.2.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Treasury    2.10    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Page Management    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    Pretty URLs    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    Highslide 4 SMF    0.8.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    Global Headers Footers    2.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.    Bot Buster    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.    Spoiler BBCode    1.1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.    SimpleAds    1.0.1    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.    Karma Applaud Only    1.0.1    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.    Adk Snow Effect    2.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.    Downloads System    1.5.2    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25.    Simple Theme Changer    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26.    SMFShop    3.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.    Registered Links    3.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Mod edit to use descriptive title.

mashby

I just registered without any real issues. Loved the registration puzzle part. Which mod does that? I can see that one as a feature for SMF, unless your audience is visually impaired.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Colin

Quote from: mashby on November 04, 2012, 11:09:03 PM
I just registered without any real issues. Loved the registration puzzle part. Which mod does that? I can see that one as a feature for SMF, unless your audience is visually impaired.
I got the error.

"Sorry, registration is currently disabled."

Admin -> Members -> Registration -> Settings -> "Method of registration employed for new members"
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

mani123

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2839
That's the mod your looking for, make sure to register on keyCaptcha's website to get the private and public key.

mani123

Quote from: Colin on November 04, 2012, 11:10:46 PM
I got the error.

"Sorry, registration is currently disabled."

Admin -> Members -> Registration -> Settings -> "Method of registration employed for new members"

But I have it on email activation at the moment, it's not really disabled. I also changed it to immediate registration and it still doesn't work.

mashby

OK, who is the someone? Thanks for the mod link.

Not sure how I got through...Colin, did you get the registration puzzle page?
- James M. Barrie

Colin

Colin

Colin

Quote from: mashby on November 04, 2012, 11:19:00 PM

Not sure how I got through...Colin, did you get the registration puzzle page?
Yep I did, weird.

Colin

mani123

I have been reported by 3 people already on different forums, me (I tried registering myself) and a couple of people who are already on the forum have all said they can't register. I have not touched 1 single line of code or added a mod for like 1-2 weeks now.  Mash please state the user you registered as, so I can find you in the members list.

Colin

Well what was the last mod that you added? Have you tried uninstalling it?

Colin

mashby

Quote from: mani123 on November 04, 2012, 11:21:22 PM
I have been reported by 3 people already on different forums, me (I tried registering myself) and a couple of people who are already on the forum have all said they can't register. I have not touched 1 single line of code or added a mod for like 1-2 weeks now.  Mash please state the user you registered as, so I can find you in the members list.
Why would you or your current members need to register again? :)
I registered as mashby and got this:
QuoteThank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account. If you don't receive an email after some time, check your spam folder.
- James M. Barrie

mani123

Quote from: mashby on November 04, 2012, 11:27:45 PM
Quote from: mani123 on November 04, 2012, 11:21:22 PM
Why would you or your current members need to register again? :)
I registered as mashby and got this:
QuoteThank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account. If you don't receive an email after some time, check your spam folder.
Just to make sure that this is an error for everyone and not just 1 person. @Colin last mod I installed was registered links (only registered users can see links) and I highly doubt that was it. Last mod installed 2012-10-19 (checked by FTP)

mashby

What error did you and your other members experience then? Maybe I got lucky (and should head to Vegas). Interesting that Colin couldn't register though.
- James M. Barrie

mani123

Just "An error has occurred" Page with a blank body no details what so ever. This is what i got in logs:
Today at 04:16:09 AM
2bc418d12a01db6db4e860e1efec3a5d
Type of error: Undefined
http://www.dnmodz.com/index.php?pretty;action=register2
8: Undefined index: ! <html><body BGCOLOR='#FFFFaa'>Anonymous hit limit reached for IP Address xxxxxxx.<br>Why not get an <a href='/getkey.htm'>API key</a>? It's free, and it'll allow you to perform a larger number of bot-screening lookups each day.<br><strong>If you aren't the webmaster for this domain, please tell them about this error message.</strong><br></body></html>
File:Sources/Errors.php
Line: 187

AND this one:
IP address xxxxxxxxxxxx
Today at 04:16:09 AM
2bc418d12a01db6db4e860e1efec3a5d
Type of error: General

Colin

Did you get an API key for that antispam mod?

Colin

mani123

Quote from: Colin on November 04, 2012, 11:44:05 PM
Did you get an API key for that antispam mod?
Yes, And I have placed it correctly on the mod's settings page. It works properly.

Colin

From the looks of it, this seems to be a KeyCAPATCHA issue. I would suggest asking here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=413168.0

Colin

mani123

Keycaptcha is not the issue as I have disabled it and it still wont let me register.

Colin

What is the answer to:

Complete the name Dragon N__

Colin

mani123

Colin

How did I not notice this sooner

6.    Pretty URLs    1.0

Try uninstalling it.

Colin

mani123

mrintech

I just successfully registered on your site

No issues at all

Colin

It has to have something to do with usage limitations of the keyCapatcha.

Colin

mani123

Okay thanks for diagnosis, I think it's slowly coming back.

mrintech

Keycaptcha was disabled when I registered, only 2 questions were there

I think the culprit is Pretty URL Mod, not sure though

@OP

Make sure you clear leftover PRETTY rules in the .htaccess file of your forum

:)

Colin

Colin

Shambles

Colin

Quote from: Shambles™ on November 05, 2012, 04:48:23 AM
Quote from: Colin on November 05, 2012, 03:20:28 AM
It appears to already be fully removed.
Just like the SMF Copyright  ::)
Yikes your right. I didn't notice that.  OP, if you are looking for support from us please restore the SMF copyright.

Colin

mani123

Pardon me, I wanted to move the copyright above the chat bar thing due to the chat bar covering the copyright, I noticed that I used Simple Portal and the block displaying the copyright was not displaying to "everyone". Sorry for the mistake. It's only 1 person administering the website, I can only do so much.  I have updated it now. Once again, sorry.

Colin

Thank you for restoring the copyright.

Illori generously took the time to point this out. Have you ever installed this modification? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1599

Notice: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=295952.msg2158584#msg2158584

There is a chance it didn't fully uninstall.

Colin

mani123

Oh thank you! That was probably it, the mod was botbuster.

Colin

Do you know how to use the mod parser to uninstall a mod?

Colin

mani123

I already uninstalled it by package manager.

Colin

Yes, but it appears that it is not fully uninstalled. Are you familiar with how to use the mod parser?

Colin

mani123

Not really, I have used it before but I somehow end up breaking the site.

Colin

What you will need to do is execute the parser and observe the code changes it lists. You will need to inspect each change and ensure it has been completed when you uninstalled the mod through the package manager. If you notice it has not been, then make the change to the code it lists yourself.

Colin

Advertisement: