News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Clone Topic

Started by nend, November 05, 2012, 02:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akbora

Soruce/Messageindex getting errors. This mod is compatible 2.0.4? Because it is written with compatible 2.0.2 there.
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Neo_TE

Quote from: nend on July 26, 2013, 03:59:53 PM
Quote from: xPandax on July 26, 2013, 06:50:21 AM
This mod does not work in my test forum. The topic gets cloned successfully. But it doesn't appear in the board to which the topic was cloned to. :o
The board needs at least one topic in it that is not a clone or SMF will not do the query.
Whoa, it worked. This is a incredible mod. I don't understand why its not being used by a lot of people. Maybe people are not searching for the word "clone" like me.

The way this mod is coded without adding lots of extra load to the database is incredible. I just can't believe how you got this idea.

Quote from: akbora on July 26, 2013, 06:44:46 PM
Soruce/Messageindex getting errors. This mod is compatible 2.0.4? Because it is written with compatible 2.0.2 there.

It works fine on SMF 2.0.4.

ViewFromTheBoundary

Quote from: Hristo on July 26, 2013, 06:33:52 AM
This one seems easy.

Attach your index.php file

Could I PM you the file tonight?

Hristo

Yes, but you can post it here, that is not a problem (for me).

ViewFromTheBoundary

Ok fine I will post it here, it will be in about 4/5 hours when Im back from work

ViewFromTheBoundary

Hi, here is my index.php file

Shambles

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum
For the failed test this is the edit

Code: (Find) [Select]

'credits' => array('Who.php', 'Credits'),
'deletemsg' => array('RemoveTopic.php', 'DeleteMessage'),

Code: (Add Before) [Select]

'clonetopic' => array('CloneTopic.php', 'CloneTopic'),
'clonetopic2' => array('CloneTopic.php', 'CloneTopic2'),

Any help that anyone could give to help me install this on my forum would be greatly appreciated!  :)

You seem to have a "copy topic" mod installed already. That mod is displacing the strings being searched for when you try to install "clone topic".

You can either uninstall the "copy topic" mod or overwrite your current index.php with the attached one (which retains the "copy topic" code, but rearranges one of the array contents). Then attempt to install the "clone topic" mod.

ViewFromTheBoundary

Do I need to deleted the copied threads before I uninstall the copy mod?

Shambles

I'm not familiar with the copy mod, but I can't see how it could do any harm to leave any copied threads where they are.

ViewFromTheBoundary

Well that worked, thanks

Duffield1

This mod is brilliant - does exactly what I needed it to do, although it took a little finding, as I was looking for a redirection mod (in other words, like a redirection topic works when you move a topic).  Love it - thank you!
Trying to make the world a more intelligent place one question at a time! www.intelligentanswers.co.uk

ViewFromTheBoundary

Is this only visible for admins as one of the members on my team says he cant see the clone topic button, is there a way to let the team have access to it as well?

Shambles

Did you look at the permissions settings, as in the screenshots in post #1 of the mod page?

66osman66

Is it compatible for smf 2.0.10

Shambles

Is it compatible for smf 2.0.10

Works fine on my 2.0.10 installation.

66osman66

But in this mod's page there's an information saying it is only compatible with 2.0.2

Shambles

66osman66

Hmm, I clicked on the link and read it. I didn't know this, thank you very much.
I have a question:
I'm using 2.0.10, can all mods, whose versions are 2.0.x, be compatible with my version by doing what you you said(emulating)?
And is it likely to get some errors because of doing this?
(I'm not talking about this mod but about all 2.0.x mods)
Thanks in advance

margarett

Yes, the large majority of MODs for any 2.0.x version will work in any other 2.0.x version ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

66osman66

Advertisement: