Some general questions regarding posting etc

Started by melanie1986, November 07, 2012, 04:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melanie1986

I have a few things I can't find or work out  :o

spolier bb codes? is that another mod I have to down load?

Facebook and other social site "like' links to posts and the forum in general

how do I find the link (url) for an individual post?  ;D

MrPhil

spoiler BBCodes: should be a mod or two. FB etc links: try the mods. Link for a post: hover over the subject line and copy it, or click on the subject line link and then you can cut and paste from the browser address bar. There might be easier ways, but that will work.

melanie1986

okays..... more mods Lols.... I might make a suggestion/s on one of the other pages for standard features to be incorporated in the next upragde :) for forums spoliers is a must and should be a standard thingy same with youtube and social site likes :D

next question, how can I get a greater/larger font color choice without my members having to search for the hot codes?

MrPhil

You can request all the new features you want, but almost all are turned down. The philosophy of SMF is to provide a bare bones framework with only the essential features built in. You pick and choose the additional features you want as mods, keeping your code simple and lightweight, unencumbered by what someone else thinks is vital for them (but is junk for you). For example, I'd love to see MathML built in (for doing equations), but you and your members will probably never write a single equation. You think spoilers are vital, but I'll never use them.

melanie1986

that sounds fair and I can't argue with that. Does having too many mods slow the forum down at all? I am looking at about 5 in total and only one of them would be a big one :D

Kill Em All

Quote from: melanie1986 on November 07, 2012, 10:14:01 PM
that sounds fair and I can't argue with that. Does having too many mods slow the forum down at all? I am looking at about 5 in total and only one of them would be a big one :D
Nope. You can have as many mods as you'd like. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

melanie1986

that is cool. I don't really want that many tho, unless I really need it. What I want the most is a forum that look awesome when people come on, atm it looks a bit lame but I'm working on that :D

Kill Em All

Understandable.

If this is solved, feel free to mark it solved by hitting the green mark topic solved button on the bottom left. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

melanie1986

I spose I should I can always open another (or find the right topic) if I need any more answers :D

Advertisement: