All the links at bottom of pages

Started by kennethm, November 09, 2012, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennethm

All these links are at the bottom of each page. Anyway to get rid of all or some of these links? or is that a no-no thing to do?

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
XHTML RSS WAP2

Bigguy

The copyright for Simple Machines can be removed at your discretion but you would probably not get support from anyone here for doing that. The other copyright about SMFads would have to be discussed with that mods author.

kennethm

what file would that smf copywrite be found at

freakydeaky

{theme}/index.template.php

find
// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!

what you're looking for is underneath it

kennethm

mashby

Just realize this. If you remove the SMF copyright, the SMF team won't continue to provide support for any other questions. You'll notice no team members have told you how and I won't either. Removing it is your right and by doing so, you are also removing your entitlement to support here. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

kennethm

well my original idea wasnt removing it but having the text somewhat smaller where it wasnt so obvious. So it is possible to make it smaller?

mashby

I'm sure it's possible. I have to ask why, of course. Considering it's in the bottom of the page, will it make that big of a difference? :)
- James M. Barrie

kennethm

well its not life changing really, just seems woulkd be better smaller for me to be less obvious for the forum visitors to click on and want their own forum since im in a small rural area )

freakydeaky

Quote from: mashby on November 09, 2012, 11:57:22 PM
Just realize this. If you remove the SMF copyright, the SMF team won't continue to provide support for any other questions. You'll notice no team members have told you how and I won't either. Removing it is your right and by doing so, you are also removing your entitlement to support here. :)

it's better to answer his question than ignore it... i merely told him where to find it, what he does with it is on him

ps... the copyright stays on my forum, i am proud to be powered by SMF  ;D

freakydeaky

Quote from: mashby on November 10, 2012, 12:11:02 AM
I'm sure it's possible. I have to ask why, of course. Considering it's in the bottom of the page, will it make that big of a difference? :)

why not just answer his question?

freakydeaky

kenneth...

open

{theme}/css/index.css

find
#footer_section span.smalltext {
    font-size: 110%;

adjust the percentage, let me know if this helps

mashby

Quote from: freakydeaky on November 10, 2012, 12:18:16 AM
Quote from: mashby on November 10, 2012, 12:11:02 AM

why not just answer his question?
Because you are doing so. Thanks for your contributions.
- James M. Barrie

freakydeaky

you are quite welcome  ;)

he doesn't want to remove it, he just wants to make it less noticeable... i personally see nothing wrong with that

kennethm

i can undserstand fully the copyright staying on there and its not a big deal it does, like i said i was just thinking of a way to not to be there or be smaller and less noticable. Smaller or changing the color, etc

mashby

I don't see anything wrong with it either. I also don't see anything wrong with leaving it alone. display:none; would certainly keep it intact for Google purposes. You have to keep in mind the context of this question. Hey, how do I minimize the credits of those who make my website work?!?
- James M. Barrie

freakydeaky

Quote from: mashby on November 10, 2012, 12:32:18 AMHey, how do I minimize the credits of those who make my website work?!?

valid point

kennethm

so i take its a touchy subject to alter the footer area right? How about just changing it to a lighter color then? Its all still there just not as obvious.

freakydeaky

in your main theme css

{theme}/css/index.css

find
#footerarea {
text-align: center;
padding: 0;
color: #c1c1c1;
font:14px Arial,sans-serif;
}

try changing the color, go here for color codes http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp

Advertisement: