News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Links aren't proper

Started by Mstcool, November 11, 2012, 09:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mstcool

I could have used the search but i don't know how to word my problem properly. Yes i know i reported this before for my other site. Yoshi helped but the problem was still there. Anyways this is for my other site.

Anyways....
K you know how on the menu bar if you (lets say) hover over to messages you can children of it like read your messages or send. Everytime i click on the children of it, it sends me to this page.
http://error404.000webhost.com/?

Now that was my OLD host. I moved my forum (using back up). The paths are set proper (checked to make sure). So what can be the problem? I want it to send it to the messages field instead of the error page.

Kill Em All

What is repair_settings.php?

Try running that, to double check the paths just to be sure.

Also check your Subs.php
Find the code:

if (($menu_buttons = cache_get_data('menu_buttons-' . implode('_', $user_info['groups']) . '-' . $user_info['language'], $cacheTime)) === null || time() - $cacheTime <= $modSettings['settings_updated'])
{
$buttons = array(

It should be towards the bottom of the file.

Does this happen on the default theme? What mods do you have installed?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Mstcool

Alright thanks for your response first of all.

2nd of all i will do that tomorrow. To late to do it right now so ill tell you tomorrow. And like i said in my first post i already double checked the repair_settings. :p

Mstcool

K i still didnt do this im busy....I have another problem. My other admin friend told me his friend cant get the email and sign up. Uhm they have to activate there emails. A couple of days ago i saw the error log and it says unable to send email....Can a staff member see the error log by going on my site? Please tell me so i can give you my details

Mstcool

Im sorry for the double post,

Back to my MAIN post, the subs.php is in the source directory right?
I couldnt find the code you posted. Maybe you can check my files for me please?
and Please help me with both problems thanks. :D

mashby

Yes, Subs.php is in the Sources directory. Is the error page from 000webhost still happening?

For the registration part, if your server cannot send mail, that will of course be an issue getting new members activated. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

By server...Do you mean My webhost?

Also yeah it probably is...I am using the multi milk atm and it doesnt have childs appearing so yeah. But i would like it fixed in my other themes. Thanks :D

mashby

Maybe trying clearing out your site cache files?
Admin > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Routine > Empty the file cache
See what that does.
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

I did it but what is this supposed to fix? Which problem?

mashby

This one.
QuoteAnyways....
K you know how on the menu bar if you (lets say) hover over to messages you can children of it like read your messages or send. Everytime i click on the children of it, it sends me to this page.
http://error404.000webhost.com/?

Now that was my OLD host. I moved my forum (using back up). The paths are set proper (checked to make sure). So what can be the problem? I want it to send it to the messages field instead of the error page.
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

No unfortunately it didn't :(.

mashby

Can you attach Sources/Subs.php and list all of the mods you have installed?
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

• Gravatar 4 SMF        
    2.   Menu Editor Lite       
    3.   Dizzy Smileys   
    4.   Separate the sticky topics   (installed on my FTP but not on my site.)
    5.   SA KB   
    6.   FancyPosts   
    7.   SimplePortal   
    8.   Member Group Icons

mashby

Hmm...everything seems ok in that file. Menu Editor Lite...anything in there that might affect that? It looks like it wouldn't affect My Messages though. Might have to take a look under the proverbial hood to learn more.
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

Alright lets forget about that error. Anyways now about my other error. Maybe its cuz of my host? Should i ask my host, I know i cant mass email and i cant set up a email through web mail on my host because i gotta pay. So i should ask my host?

Anyways thanks for helping me :D

mashby

Yeah, I would certainly contact your host regarding emails. That's a pretty vital function in a way. It won't stop existing users from making topics/posts, but it seems to be affecting potential users.

Maybe the other error is temporary. Did you just recently (in the last 48 hours) change hosts and thusly DNS change might still not have gone through quite yet?
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

Thank you. Anyways no i have this forum for a while now. Its ok dont worry about it. Its the least of my worries. :D

mashby

But you stated OLD host. How OLD is your OLD host? :) Your forum life is certainly longer than your current hosting plan's life. When did you switch?
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

Uhm im not sure my self. But i would say...months ago. 3,4,5,6 months ago. Sorry i dont remember when.

mashby

That's very long enough. :) DNS changes can take 24-48 hours and you're well past that. Are other members on your site reporting the same thing?
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

I dont even have a domain that i bought so DNS is not maw problem :D. Anyways My other admin reported and thats why i posted it here. I saw the error a couple of days ago but didnt seem to care...But now i do -This is about my email issue. The buttons issue naw i dont think anyone noticed.

mashby

OK, I guess I'm not understanding what's up. I understand it this way. You have a site where the subactions of My Messages are going to your old host's 404 page. And you don't really care about that any more. Has that one gone away?

You're now focused on your site's inability to send emails. I would certainly look at how your site is setup to send emails and contact your host with that information.
Admin > Maintenance > Mail > Settings
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

The mail settings is k. Ok No uhm...Ok ill explain it clearly. On the menu there buttons right? Every time i hover my mouse on the messages button you know how you get childs of the menu? Like read your message and send your message? Yeah when i click read or send your message it redirects me to my old hosts 404 page. But when i click Message (on the menu) it sends me to the messages place.

mashby

Have you tried with another browser, one that might not have your site in your local cache?
- James M. Barrie

Mstcool

They say email works on free hosting but is not guaranteed

Mstcool

Alright the email part is well sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont...Hoster so yeah. Now for the menu. What else can i do i wanna get this fixed.

Mstcool

Fixed i used MENU EDITOR LITE to fix it.

Advertisement: