News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Download smf 2.0.2 guide for dummies 789pages

Started by Emmasonic, November 13, 2012, 03:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmasonic

Yes i love smf software but i have some criticism for it.am not sitting on a good face today.
1.this is smf forum 10th year,yet no dummie step by step guide like for most cms software like joomla,drupal or wordpress do.even among it fellow forum software like vbulletin etc.most people learn fast reading with pictures to explain.which most dummies ebooks help to achieved.i have tried to setup my site reading smf online manual to do this but i believe i would fly if there is a guide for am a newbies.the subject of the article will attract people who long toi see such ebook.these portals guys should give us an ebook to explzin how to use the the portals.one should not have to hire a web designer to get better smf site.an ebook photo guide will reduce smf learning curve.if not that i love smf i would have migrate to cms site to start my content rather struggling it out here.
2 mod twitter and facebook should be among the core features and not just mod to be downloaded.these social network help promote site.and a newbie may ask,and ask that all over again of how too do that.so should optimus brave mod and the simpleAD mods for the smf defualt have no such powerful there.it value and function is much.i wish these will be looked into.if any one can voluteer tp get a crispy smf site for me free i will be glad am tired of  learning.

edit - link removed.

Kindred

First of all... please learn to use capital letters and spaces after periods and commas. Your post was almost unreadable because it was all jumbled.

Second, we do have the wiki, which goes into much more detail, in a clearer fashion than the old documentation.

As for the facebook and twitter...   - did you bother to read the feature requests board?   No. Putting third party stuff into the core product is a bad idea - even for those who want the feature. What happens when facebook changes its interface yet again? That would require a SMF patch release or everyone's site would break...   Those features are much better left as mods. Simpler to update and more importantly, those of us who don't care to use them don't have them cluttering up our boards.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Emmasonic

So for a newbies the guess work plus the trial and error coutinue.
One day i hope to put up such an ebook.Youtube smf tutorial has really help smf site that is where a manage to get the smf how-to's.The critism is likely going to be overlook.There is nothing i can do but keep reading.

Colin

We never like to overlook criticisms and in fact there is something you can do! You can contribute to the wiki and documents site and write articles that you feel need to be addressed. Thanks so much for your interest in improving Simple Machines.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: