News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to convert internal YABB links to internal SMF links.

Started by zeniitti, November 13, 2012, 01:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeniitti

We have successfully converted YABB 2.3 to SMF 2.0.2 via SMF 1.1.14. We have successfully converted messages, PMs etc but we have quite a few internal links in forums posts that were not converted. Manually it means 10-12 hours of work.

Is there any way to convert http://old-domain/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1170834148 --> http://new-domain/index.php?topic=181.0 ?

Thanks in advance!

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

zeniitti

We will pull the plug from the old site (different host) near future and maintain only the new SMF site / host. Redirecting users from old site isn't very long term solution.

emanuele

Are you dropping the domain name too?

If so I think your only hope is to write a script to fix it for you...you can base it on the suggestions present in the topic I linked before: the summary is you have to repeat the conversion keeping the temporary directory created by the converter itself and then use it to convert all the links posted...

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

zeniitti

Yes, we are changing domain as well. We just might to do the conversion on test server again so we can have corresponding topic numbers for yabb and smf. Do you think that topics will be converted on same order? I mean that will topics get same numbers as previously? Do you understand what i mean?

emanuele

I'd say yes. It should keep the same numbering for the converted topics and messages.

Anyway you can try it on a backup and see what happens. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: