News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error when trying to post to a thread or a new thread.

Started by amber333, November 13, 2012, 11:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amber333

The error message...

Failed opening required '/home/webdude/public_html/orderofbahamut/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/webdude/public_html/orderofbahamut/forums/Sources/Post.php on line 103

I don't know when this started but the last new post on my forums was October 30th. I tried searching and it didn't seem that anyone had this exact issue.

I'm also getting this error, which seems very similiar, when I try and go to my news section to post that I'm working on the problem.

Failed opening required '/home/webdude/public_html/orderofbahamut/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/webdude/public_html/orderofbahamut/forums/Sources/ManageNews.php on line 118

Shambles

Does that file (Subs-Post.php) exist, in the place it says (/forums/Sources/) ?

If you can confirm that it does, try clearing out your forum's file cache.

amber333

Yes the file exsists and I did try clearing the cache and nothing changed.

amber333

Ok, how does that just disappear from my files? Thanks so much!

Shambles

No idea how it got deleted, but how did you check for it existing as you said you it existed when I asked  ::)

amber333

So this file got deleted again and when I put it back in this time I get a new error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare theme_postbox() (previously declared in /home/webdude/public_html/orderofbahamut/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php:1149) in /home/webdude/public_html/orderofbahamut/forums/Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 1414

Any idea what I can do about this? I checked in my file manager and I do see the file there.

kat

That suggests that a mod has been installed twice.

This MIGHT help, if you were daft enough to install a mod, without backing-up, first.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0

If you haven't installed a mod and it's just that file, you'll need to edit-out the duplicate block of code, in that file.

Advertisement: