Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]

Started by IvoLeite, November 14, 2012, 02:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvoLeite

Hello.

In some parts of the Admin zone I get the this error:

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for 'WEST/1.0/DST' instead in /home/canaricu/public_html/index.php on line 54

Warning: require_once(/home/canaricu/public_html/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/canaricu/public_html/index.php on line 54

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for 'WEST/1.0/DST' instead in /home/canaricu/public_html/index.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/canaricu/public_html/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/canaricu/public_html/index.php on line 54.

I don't know why it refers that path (/home/canaricu/public_html/index.php) since the forum is in /home/canaricu/public_html/forum/index.php

For instance, in the Admin I can't use Search (for task/setting) and Features an Options...

Can someone help me please.
Thanks.

Kindred

you seem to have a directory setting incorrect somewhere - it is looking for your settings file in the root directory, not your forum directory

What is line 54 of your index.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IvoLeite

Hi.

The file in the root directory was an old copy (don't know what was doing there so I deleted) of the index.php file that exists in the forum directory.

// Load the settings...
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/Settings.php');

Kindred

and that would be your problem. Should be fixed now by deleting that file.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IvoLeite

Unfortunately it didn't. I used the repair settings file and everything was fine.

After I deleted de the index.php from the root this error came up instead of the previous.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

In the server:
File does not exist: /home/canaricu/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.xxx.com/forum/
File does not exist: /home/canaricu/public_html/crossdomain.xml
File does not exist: /home/canaricu/public_html/crossdomain.xml, referer: http://www.xxx.com/forum/index.php?topic=3771.25

Kindred

something is pretty seriously screwed up in your configurations somewhere...

if your forum is in /forum/ then nothing should be looking in the root...

what is the actual link to the topic?

and at this point:
smf version? mods installed? url?
Слaва
Украинi

IvoLeite

Version: 2.0.2
URL: http://www.canariculturatuga.com/forum/index.php

Mods:
   Google Member Map   2.6   
   Similar Topics   0.3   
   Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio   7.2
   PM to New Members   1.2   
   Register Redirect   1.0   
   Advance SEF URLs   1.3.0   
   AutoKeywords   1.4   
   Show Joined, Location, Username In Topic View   1.0   
   Highlight Search Keywords   1.24   
   Polls Can Block New Users   1.2   
   Add IP2Location to Track IP   1.3   
   Search Focus Dropdown   1.6.1   
   Simple ImgBR Upload Image in CSS - upload by URL   1.0   
   Quick Translation   0.8   
   Users Online Today   2.0.3   
   Pretty URLs   1.0   <----- is off
   Add Social Media Icons To Profiles   1.0.7   
   Scrolling Buttons   0.2.0.2   
   Global Headers Footers   2.0.1   
   Enhancements to purge inactive members   1.2.5   
   SMF Social Network LITE   2.0rc3

New Layout for Last Post Info   1.5   
   SA Facebook   2.0 RC4 Rev58   
   FancyBox 4 SMF   0.5   
   Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?   3.0   
   Ultimate Profile   0.9.1   
   Highslide 4 SMF   0.8.1   
   InLine Attachments   1.2.1   
   Table Plus BBCodes   1.2   
   Google +1 Topics   1.0   
   More Spiders   1.2   
   SMF Search Enhancement Mod   1.8.2   
   Most Popular Topic Today   2.1   
   Google Route Map 1.0   v.1   
   AJAX Recent Topics   1.1   
   Embed BBCode   1.5   
   Share This Topic   4.1.1   
   ENotify   2.0.2   
   Separate the sticky topics   1.0.0   
   SMF 2.0.2 Update   1.0   
   Picasa Gallery Browser   0.6   
   Advance Facebook Like with OpenGraph   0.2   
   Event Reminder Mod for SMF2   2.02   
   Separated Birthdays from Events   1.1.7   
   PDF Tag   1.2   
   Youtube Integration Mod (0.1)   0.2   
   Socialize   1.8   
   Add Facebook Like to Posts   1.1   
   Register Bar Mod By SMFSimple.com   V3   
   Facebook Slide Like Box   1.3.1   
   EmailValidator   1.0   
   Recent Topics On Board Index   1.03   
   Recent Topics On "Recent Posts" Page   1.2   
   Move recent to the top   2.7

Kindred

holy mackerel that's a lot of mods...

I'm thinking that at least one of them is misconfigured to look in the root.
Слaва
Украинi

MrPhil

OK, so you're running in /forum/index.php. That's fine. The server is looking for a custom 500 error handler in / by default (as /500.shtml). That's an Apache brainfart that it's raising a 404 trying to find it, but let it pass. You can define your own error handlers for at least the common errors (400, 401, 403, 404, 500) to minimize this nonsense.

The next thing to figure out is why you're getting a 500 error. Might it be a consequence of this missing crossdomain.xml file? Why would viewing a topic invoke an .xml file? Possibly it's a hacked post? Or might such a file be requested by one of the mods? If so, why would it be hard coded as being in root (public_html/) rather than the forum's root (public_html/forum/)? Anyway, if you can figure out where this reference to the wrong root is (and whether this crossdomain.xml has any business being called), you should be much of the way home. Is the BBCode for some new tag hard coding the old root, or is the post code itself? After that's cleared up, if the 500 error hasn't gone away, it can be attacked.

Kindred

iirc, aeva may desire a crossdomain.xml file to process some external video type stuff...

or it could be one of those ads that you have...

basically, with that many mods, it's going to be tough to track down the actual culprit...
Слaва
Украинi

MrPhil

So, scan all the .php files for "crossdomain" and try to find who is dealing with this file. See how it builds the full path to the file -- is it getting something from the database (possibly Aeva-unique) that needs to be updated?  Presumably it's not getting something from a theme, but just in case, did you ever do the admin thingy to update theme database entries after you ran repair_settings?

IvoLeite

Hello again.

I found some mentions about AEVA and crossdomain.xml so I made one with that code and I've upload to the root. Don't know if that's the right code but at least that error has stoped.  ;)

?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="www.nhfragswap.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="nhfragswap.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="*.nhfragswap.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>

Also I've uninstalled some of the Mod's, the ones that don't need manual intervention, so now I "only" have:

Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 7.2