News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Karma Description Mod

Started by Grek.Kamchatka, September 11, 2005, 11:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacecadet

lol that was pretty polite you know, if you ever want to be a support person again you have my vote. I figured that the person who wrote the script simply wasnt here and I am aware that he made the script for free. I was hoping that someone knew the answer besides the author. Ah well when I have no choice but to be paitient..........

Spacecadet

HMMM another problem has croped up. who has changed my Karma and who's Karma have i changed are doubled. I realize this means going in and manually deleting the duplicate information. Can someone tell me which file it would be in and where?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If I remember correctly, there are many settings to this mod and they all together make up the way this mod works / looks to your users. Firstly, it should add functions to see recent karma actions from a link placed in your info center, and two links to see specific users karma action in the user profile area.

If your users can't access the links/stats, can you as an admin? Have you made sure your users and you are using the same themes? Have you considered creating a test user to test the different settings and permissions on? ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The duplicates are probably in profile.template.php or similar, I don't remember for sure - and can't check this right now, but do take a look at the manual install instructions - it should show you where the mod adds those...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

impreza

When your message is the guy always comes up a bug report. The problem with the line in the file:

if ($message['member']['karma']['allow'])

How many posts in the topic is of international importance is the guy so much errors in the reports. It always takes place - if someone is able to help?

edit: Elsewhere, graphics and so I did not work. Already it is ok
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Spacecadet

I have checked and nobody except the Administrator user can access "Karma Stats". Not even Global Moderator. Am I missing something?

Major Wood

Quote from: Spacecadet on May 31, 2010, 10:40:56 PM
I have checked and nobody except the Administrator user can access "Karma Stats". Not even Global Moderator. Am I missing something?

This is my problem. I have checked many times to see if I have any permissions incorrect. I even created a test account and gave it a new usergroup that had specific permissions to see the karma stats. It didn't work.

This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Spacecadet

Major I found this other mod it might be a good substitute for the Reputation System Mod.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=346

for the record, thank you for the one person who tried to help us. I am uninstalling this mod and have no plans on ever using a mod from this designer again. I waited 3 weeks for help, I think I was very patient.

1cor1313

Hi, I have one of the problems listed on the FAQ (the menu does not display in the admin panel). I used to use Load Standard language but I can't anymore since I upgraded to RC3. I use english-utf8 on my forum.

I tried following some of the previous posts in this thread but I couldn't get it to work properly...

Which files should I change to utf-8?

PurpleCrow

I have display issues with this on SMF 2.0 RC3 - it displays fine within the ACP but when using it within the forum its totally screwed.

As an example I've attatched an image that shows the screen when you click on the thumbs up or thumbs down (where you place the reason for applauding/smiting). It looks the same on all themes, including the default Core theme.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

steve51184

hi on the [karma stats] i have enabled the 'Karma Statistic' but it's showing just the applauded users + and not there total + and the same with smited

is there a way to change that to total as i use the total karma system on smf and not +/-

Maxtor

at version 1.7 you had added this option:

*Add "Delete" function in Karma Log. Only for Admin.

can you add an option to "delete" function in permissions for all other membergroups?

steve51184

Quote from: zx71 on June 26, 2010, 11:01:09 AM
hi on the [karma stats] i have enabled the 'Karma Statistic' but it's showing just the applauded users + and not there total + and the same with smited

is there a way to change that to total as i use the total karma system on smf and not +/-

bump?

hijinx

Even with the default theme, no words show up for me on the Karma settings screen, or when people try to change karma. just a text box and two blank buttons show up.

what'd i do wrong?

hijinx

it doesn't appear to be a language pack issue, i'm not having any similar issues else where. i could be wrong though?

hijinx

aha! it WAS a language pack issue. it was editting english and i was using english-utf8.

any idea what changes i can make to get it working in UTF8?

Celestita

Hello people! i've got a question, I translated the mod to spanish_latin because my forum uses it as the main language, and I'm attaching it for those who need the .xml file translated, but I don't know how it is suposed to work.
I mean I only translated the xml file and directed the url's tho the spanish_latin php files, is there anything else that I should do? Cause it's not picking it up! I matched the lines with the english xml file and there aren't any syntax error for what I can tell, but would any of you take a look if you can?

Thanks a lot anyway!

xrunner

I have the earlier version 2.3 installed on SMF 1.1 and I want to install the latest version.

Q1: Do I have to uninstall v2.3 first?

Q2: If I do have to uninstall it first,  I get this error upon testing the uninstall -

2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Karma.php     Test failed

How can I fix this error? Or can I just restore the original Karma.php file?

Major Wood

Someone please give me some advice. I've been trying to figure this out for months and no one has offered any help.
I just installed the latest version and it didn't fix the problem. No one else besides the admin can view the karma description log. The following error comes up.

QuoteSorry - you don't have the proper permissions to view the Karma Description list.

All the permissions are set to allow other types of users to view this, but it isn't working. I realize that this is a question in the FAQ on the mod page, but the answer doesn't fix the problem.

Celestita

Did you choose that on the administration control panel or did you just change the permissions? In the admin c_panel the option should be ticked as well as the permissions must be set. If the permissions are set but the option in the admin c_panel is not ticked it may not work. I'm sure you've done all this anyway, but just to be sure.

Advertisement: