News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Karma Description Mod

Started by Grek.Kamchatka, September 11, 2005, 11:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Kinda stupid question but I want to minimise all the ifs in this block of code that I've redone the HTML of...

//Karma Description Mod
if (!empty($modSettings['karmadescmod']) && !empty($modSettings['karmainmessage']))
   {
if (($context['karma_message_plus']!=0) || ($context['karma_message_minus']!=0))
{
if (!empty($modSettings['karmainmessagelink']))
{
echo '<a href="'. $scripturl . '?action=karmamessage;u='. $message['member']['id'] .';topic=', $context['current_topic'], ';m=', $message['id'], '"> +'.$context['karma_message_plus'].'/-'.$context['karma_message_minus'].$txt['karma_count'].'</a>';
}
else
{
echo '+'.$context['karma_message_plus'].'/-'.$context['karma_message_minus'].$txt['karma_count'];
}
}

}

What do they mean? What does each one do exactly? I get the first one checks that the settings are on, and the second makes sure there's more or less than 0 for either karma, but what's the third one do?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

MISTA FIESTA

Hello fellow Simple Machiners,

I have recently installed the Karma Description Mod. No errors, works perfectly fine. When i click on to a user profile -> click either the "Who Changed my Karma" or "Who's Karma have i changed" link, it will show the Karma info outside the normal main frame.

Screenshot attatched

The lower part (Users online , search , recent topics) is actually ment to be on the right side.

Details of what I have installed

SMF version 2.0.2,
Core theme
TinyPortal   1.107
Karma Buttons 1.1
YouTube BBCode 2.6
Activity in Profile 1.1
Copyright and Footer Links 3.2
Custom Greeting Mod  1.1.1
Karma Description Mod  2.7.1

I would appreciate any assisatnce in this matter

Thanks

freakydeaky

this thing is driving me crazy... i installed the mod without uninstalling Karma Buttons v1.1, now my karma is all messed up

here is my forum: c4gnation.com

i've uninstalled the karma buttons mod, only the Karma Description Mod is installed now

please help me fix this, thanks

freakydeaky

anyone help with the issue above, much thanks

Ix Soulcist xI

How comes this tells me that it's not compatible with my SMF version when it states it's for 2.0.2?

Eclipse16V

@freakydeaky
Nice Forum & Nice Car. ;)
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

aerolite

I have a question, how would I open this for all members? cause right now, only administrator can use my karma mod.

Goad

is there a way to allow groups (other than admin) have the ability to delete karma comments?

I would like my Global Moderators to have access to moderate the Karma comments.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on July 01, 2012, 02:36:46 AM
Kinda stupid question but I want to minimise all the ifs in this block of code that I've redone the HTML of...

//Karma Description Mod
if (!empty($modSettings['karmadescmod']) && !empty($modSettings['karmainmessage']))
   {
if (($context['karma_message_plus']!=0) || ($context['karma_message_minus']!=0))
{
if (!empty($modSettings['karmainmessagelink']))
{
echo '<a href="'. $scripturl . '?action=karmamessage;u='. $message['member']['id'] .';topic=', $context['current_topic'], ';m=', $message['id'], '"> +'.$context['karma_message_plus'].'/-'.$context['karma_message_minus'].$txt['karma_count'].'</a>';
}
else
{
echo '+'.$context['karma_message_plus'].'/-'.$context['karma_message_minus'].$txt['karma_count'];
}
}

}

What do they mean? What does each one do exactly? I get the first one checks that the settings are on, and the second makes sure there's more or less than 0 for either karma, but what's the third one do?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

shazoo!

In the Karma notification, I see:

Dear user. Your karma was changed. You can see the log if follow this link:
?action=ownkarma;u=2

The reason of changing was: Thank you!

How do I fix the link?

Zarquad

Quote from: Goad on August 02, 2012, 07:45:04 AM
is there a way to allow groups (other than admin) have the ability to delete karma comments?

I would like my Global Moderators to have access to moderate the Karma comments.

I need that as well. Can someone help me with this?

PopsicleStickChick

Quote from: Ix Soulcist xI on July 13, 2012, 04:40:30 AM
How comes this tells me that it's not compatible with my SMF version when it states it's for 2.0.2?
I get this too.
www.grubesismyleader.com

An Internet forum dedicated to a former board operator at a Dallas sports talk radio station

woolly bugger

I'm having an issue with new members, when the register they automatically get +100 applauds in their Karma. This just started happening, it may be related to this mod??

this is the list of my current installed mods.

I want to set it to ZERO so new member are  0  / 0

1.   Karma Description Mod   2.7.1   
2.   Countdown BBCode   2.0.1   
3.   Referrals System   3.0.3   
4.   Adk Top Karma   1.0   
5.   Ad Seller Pro   1.0.12   
6.   Separate the sticky topics   1.0.0   
7.   FancyBox 4 SMF   0.2.1   
8.   markItUp! for SMF   0.4.2   
9.   SMF 2.0.2 Update   1.0   
10.   Join date and Location in Posts   1.2   
11.   Customize *Child Board* | S-Ace & Eudemon   2.4   
12.   InLine Attachments   1.11   
13.   Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio   7.1   
14.   Stop Forum Spam   1.0   
15.   Custom Board Sort   1.0.2   
16.   Ad Managment   3.0.1   
17.   NChat   1.3   
18.   Users Online Today   2.0   
19.   Custom Copyright   1.0.2   
20.   Google Analytics Code   1.4   
21.   Hide Images from Guests   2.0   
22.   SMF 2.0.1 Update   1.0   
23.   Report BBCode   1.0   

ocmdiaz714

Great mod. But, instead of being taken to a new page when stating a description, can we have a popup showup? Thanks.

Oh can you also tell me how to bold the karma label? Just the "Karma:" not the score. Thanks.

And one last thing, is it possible to integration the statistic with the mod cp?

Also, I think there's a bug with the delete button, why is it up there? I tried fixing it using margin, but that's obviously not always going to work.

ocmdiaz714

How do I disable karma for administration. I know about entering the member ID, but I don't want the label to display at all for admins, it's obviously not necessary if their karma is not modifiable.

Something along the lines of?:

elseif (!$user_info['is_admin'])
               echo '';

xrunner

Grek,

Your mod won't install under 2.0.2 unless you go to Advanced and emulate 2.0.0. You ought to fix that so it isn't necessary. I'm training some newbies on a test forum and they got completely stumped when I told them to install this mod.  :)

shazoo!

Quote from: shazoo! on August 10, 2012, 09:36:49 AM

?action=ownkarma;u=2

How do I fix the link?
Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  I'm sure it's probably something simple

I see it's referencing "$scripturl" before "?action=ownkarma;u=2".... where can I go to verify my scripturl is present?

TiPsY

Hello

I've installed without any errors on SMF 2.0.4 by emulating 2.0 version

everything's normal, yet again when someone looks at his profile the following message shows up in the top of the page

//Karma Descriprion Mod $txt['whoadmin_viewkarma'] = 'Viewing Karmachange Description log.'; $txt['whoall_modifykarma'] = 'Changing karma.';

no errors on the error log, and I can't track it for some reason on cpanel, tried everything on sources/load and themes/default/languages

Kindred

it looks like one of the language files gort updated incorrectly.

Look at this mod - find which language files it edits...   confirm that each (and every) one of those files has the ?> as the FINAL THING in the file. NOTHING should be after that... not a space, not a carriage return... nothing.

If the ?> is higher in the file... move it to the end
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shazoo!

Quote from: shazoo! on June 02, 2013, 06:37:43 AM
Quote from: shazoo! on August 10, 2012, 09:36:49 AM

?action=ownkarma;u=2

How do I fix the link?
Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  I'm sure it's probably something simple

I see it's referencing "$scripturl" before "?action=ownkarma;u=2".... where can I go to verify my scripturl is present?
Can anyone help me with this issue?

Advertisement: