News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin area wont work.

Started by tejli007, November 18, 2012, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tejli007

Hi SMF.
I just have transfered my forum to toher server and i cant access the admin panel now. www.mysite.com/index.php?action=admin   i got here a blank page. Anyone can help please?
►  iWipo Webhosting Forum www.iWipo.com

ziycon

tejli007

Yes i did. Still wont work. Maybe mysql problem?

Shambles

Kindred

1- did you change all the paths?
2- did you correctly update the SQL connection information?
3- when you shifted servers, did you change URLs? If not, did you wait for the DNS shift to trickle down through all servers? (It can take up to 48 hours)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tejli007

@Kindred :

1. Yes.
2. did you correctly update the SQL connection information? Just the dbusername and db password. Should i something else update?
3. Url is the same. Yes it tracks from the new server.

@Shambles™   Hi champ. Nice to see you in my thread :)

No its the other site. Webhosting forum.

Kindred

your iWipo Webhosting Forum comes up as server not found for me...   

that suggests a SERVER level issue, possibly with the DNS

your SQL connection info may have changed... check with your new host (i.e. localhost may not be the correct connection detail any more)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tejli007

Shambles

http://www.iwipo.com/

Looks ok to me. Is it just the Admin menu that's playing up?

(PS, the link in your signature is missing a ":" from the "http://")

tejli007

Yes just the admin panel its blank.

Shambles

Right. I can see that now.

Can you access your error logs?

http://www.iwipo.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc

I'm guessing not...

Kindred

what mods do you have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

tejli007

Quote from: Kindred on November 19, 2012, 12:03:28 PM
what mods do you have installed?

No! Champ.

Kindred: Portamx. Googleanalytics and some others. But i cant access the admin page to delete tham.

Shambles

In the absence of your Admin panel, can you access your database using (eg) phpMyAdmin?

It would be useful to see if any errors have been logged in the {smf_}log_errors table.

Kindred

tejli007,

I understand that you can't get into your admin...

You can get to ANY pages in Admin (not even through direct URL, bypassing the main admin page?)

A white page is usually indicative of a major php error...   which suggests that some mod caused it...
You may have to dump clean forum files in, replacing your other ones and then re-install your mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Shambles

We cannot rule out a problem caused by the transfer of files from one host to another.

That makes Kindred's suggestion all the more pertinent, starting with Admin.php then index.php (unless you can retransfer (all of) the files from your old server to your new server)

tejli007

Ill try first to reupload all files again. Than ill take a look at db. Ill update agian the thread.

Shambles

Hang on a tick. Do you have access to your cPanel?

tejli007

ziycon

tejli007, if you would like me to have a look pm me.

Advertisement: