News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Admin area wont work.

Started by tejli007, November 18, 2012, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tejli007

Hi SMF.
I just have transfered my forum to toher server and i cant access the admin panel now. www.mysite.com/index.php?action=admin   i got here a blank page. Anyone can help please?
►  iWipo Webhosting Forum www.iWipo.com

ziycon

tejli007

Yes i did. Still wont work. Maybe mysql problem?

Shambles

Kindred

1- did you change all the paths?
2- did you correctly update the SQL connection information?
3- when you shifted servers, did you change URLs? If not, did you wait for the DNS shift to trickle down through all servers? (It can take up to 48 hours)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tejli007

@Kindred :

1. Yes.
2. did you correctly update the SQL connection information? Just the dbusername and db password. Should i something else update?
3. Url is the same. Yes it tracks from the new server.

@Shambles™   Hi champ. Nice to see you in my thread :)

No its the other site. Webhosting forum.

Kindred

your iWipo Webhosting Forum comes up as server not found for me...   

that suggests a SERVER level issue, possibly with the DNS

your SQL connection info may have changed... check with your new host (i.e. localhost may not be the correct connection detail any more)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tejli007

Shambles

http://www.iwipo.com/

Looks ok to me. Is it just the Admin menu that's playing up?

(PS, the link in your signature is missing a ":" from the "http://")

tejli007

Yes just the admin panel its blank.

Shambles

Right. I can see that now.

Can you access your error logs?

http://www.iwipo.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc

I'm guessing not...

Kindred

what mods do you have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

tejli007

Quote from: Kindred on November 19, 2012, 12:03:28 PM
what mods do you have installed?

No! Champ.

Kindred: Portamx. Googleanalytics and some others. But i cant access the admin page to delete tham.

Shambles

In the absence of your Admin panel, can you access your database using (eg) phpMyAdmin?

It would be useful to see if any errors have been logged in the {smf_}log_errors table.

Kindred

tejli007,

I understand that you can't get into your admin...

You can get to ANY pages in Admin (not even through direct URL, bypassing the main admin page?)

A white page is usually indicative of a major php error...   which suggests that some mod caused it...
You may have to dump clean forum files in, replacing your other ones and then re-install your mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Shambles

We cannot rule out a problem caused by the transfer of files from one host to another.

That makes Kindred's suggestion all the more pertinent, starting with Admin.php then index.php (unless you can retransfer (all of) the files from your old server to your new server)

tejli007

Ill try first to reupload all files again. Than ill take a look at db. Ill update agian the thread.

Shambles

Hang on a tick. Do you have access to your cPanel?

tejli007

ziycon

tejli007, if you would like me to have a look pm me.

Shambles

We're just working through some things via pm, though I suspect your help would be appreciated, z

ziycon

Quote from: Shambles™ on November 19, 2012, 02:25:29 PM
We're just working through some things via pm, though I suspect your help would be appreciated, z
No problem, didn't know, work away. :)

tejli007

ziycon

You can access the admin panel now, the other issue as I've already said could be related to the portamx mod, upgrade to the latest version and see how you get on as there are one or two issues fixed in version 1.51.

tejli007

I did upgrade. And still got a problem. THanks ziycon for the help.

Need a Portamx expert please to fix the next issue. Cant change templates now. When i press Themes and Layots it redirects me in the same page.

Help needed.

tejli007

Sorry for bump but i really need to sleep am the whole day with this issue! The admin errorlog in smf generates every time i refresh the page 10x those errors:

http://www.mysite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: Wrong parameter count for array_slice()
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/user/public_html/Sources/Subs-Optimus.php
Line: 463

Reverse chronological order of list Today at 02:13:09 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 13d32c2019c1d74cb5897d8686556465
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.mysite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message

2: Wrong parameter count for array_slice()
File: /home/user/public_html/Sources/Subs-Optimus.php
Line: 448

8: Undefined index: path
File: /home/user/public_html/Sources/PortaMx/SubsCompat.php
Line: 263

Can someone help me please`?

tejli007

kat

Just thinking out-loud, here...

What are you using, to upload files?

If, perchance, you're using Filezilla, try changing the "Transfer type" to "binary", not "auto", which is the (broken) default.

tejli007

I have tryed everything. binary to. Avtive and pasive to. There is some mysql error i think. 2 of smf team try to fix it but without error.

Shambles

What did ziycon do to restore your admin access (sorry I had to leave early last night)?

ziycon

Quote from: Shambles™ on November 20, 2012, 05:55:06 AM
What did ziycon do to restore your admin access (sorry I had to leave early last night)?
There was a variable set incorrectly in a Subs-fquo.php it was set as &$value instead of $value, once changed the admin worked.

All the issues look to be related to portamx, I would almost suggest, disbling all mods on the old server copy over the database and SMF files and then once the forum is working like this then install all the mods again, this will rule out the forum transfer causing issues and it being a mod issue which I suspect.

tejli007

Hi champ.

ziycon:

There was a php variable in source/Subs-fguo.php that was set incorrectly, it was coded like below:

Code: [Select]
&$value when it should be:

Code: [Select]
$value

Most likely a mod you installed or someone making changes to your code.

Than he told me to upgrade portamx. I did and the whole forum shows blank. He fix it again. Now the problem is :

I can access the admin area but i cant change themes. When i press themes and layers it redirects me in the same page. and the smf admin error shows the error above.

At admin area under Configurations normally are 7-10 under menus now it shows just one.

tejli007

tejli007

It was Optimus-brave. I have uninstalled and now works. THanks to all who helped.

Kindred

Interesting... Glad you got it fixed.

I will note that I have optimus brave installed on three forums with no problems...   so it must have been a bad interactions between that and another mod in the admin sources...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: