Previous topic - Next topic

smc1979

Only errors are ones caused by spam bots

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://forums.********.com/index.php?action=login2;sa=check;member=23257
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: title
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/smcadmin/forums.pcwintech.com/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 461

Quote1) are you sure those emails are not in your spam folder? (the one of your email client or the one of your webmail?)
Spam is disabled.

Quote2) since you are keeping track of every notification you miss, is there anything "special" about these that the others (those that arrive) don't have? (posts longer than the average? Special chars somewhere? html? Anything else?)
No nothing that I can see as a pattern. All random.

Quote3) try to reduce slightly the number of emails sent per round to 3 or 4.
Is currently already set to 3.

Shane

smc1979

Well no luck. Today was higher traffic.

Had only 3 emails for notifications and 4 missed ones.

Checked error logs and nothing what so ever. And mail queue was empty.

I don't know if it has to do that I am set to be notified on nearly every single post and reply that might be the problem, perhaps to many? Or what but since it doesn't seem to be happening to others I am going to have to just chalk it up as bad luck for me lol.

Again, being a programmer myself I know that the only way to fix anything is to be able to reproduce it. But so far I haven't been able to find a cause or pattern and no one else seems to have or notice the same problem.

If there was some sort of log feature to enable to simply record every email that was sent out I could at the very least confirm if it is ever even sent on these missed ones. That would point me in the right direction.

But for now I will just have to live with it as I have till I can get better info for you.

Thanks for all the help.

Shane

LexusFTW

Shane, have you been able to figure this out?  I'm having a similar issue.

smc1979

Nope it still happens. I just learn to deal with it.

I have it set to email me on every single new post that is made in all the forum sections and since I reply to every single post on both sites my notification list a very large. I think this is where the bug is. But I cant trace it and it is happening on both forums on different hosts.

But since I cant give anyone any way to replicate it, except for having a very high number of threads that are set to give you notification (I am talking 10,000+), then I don't think we will get an answer.

I even changed it to where the emails sent went through my gmail account instead and the problem was still there, and still very random. I have had multiple users (Not a high amount) saying they never get some emails but will get others as well.

Some days I have no missed email notifications, other days I login look for new replies and see that I miss anywhere from 1 to 5 of them or more. There is no constant behavior to it.

The only way to fix a bug is to replicate it. If only someone could make an add on to turn on a detailed log file for all notifications. Then I could track the sucker down :-)

Shane

Advertisement: