Need Help regarding the Index page...

Started by shadowkh1, November 20, 2012, 07:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowkh1

We deleted every extra thing that we ever installed on smf, all the custom themes and extra mods...
but if u want to know which ones we ever installed on it, i can make a list...
But there is something that might help u to crack the problem...
last week their was a php crash in main xbtitfm files...
Some file that directs the site to index.php of the tracker was damaged...
It is then onwards that smf started having small issues....
and now this blank index page and many mods stopped working...

Oh and plz let me know in which directory those files, which u were asking me to replace r located???
Thanks

shadowkh1

Ok we replaced  index.php and boardindex.php... and now the good thing is that the index page has appeared just fine...
but whenever u open any topic... it's just blank white screen...

Kindred

Quote from: shadowkh1 on November 21, 2012, 12:06:07 AM
and now this blank index page and many mods stopped working...

rotfl....   I thought that you did no have any mods installed?

OK. I am done messing around with this.
Get the files from the large upgrade distribution.

Delete all files and sub directories from Sources and Themes
delete all files from the /smf (aka forum root) directory with the exception of settings.php. (KEEP SETTINGS.PHP)
now copy all files (and sub directories) from the large upgrade package into the /Sources, /Themes and forum root.

NOTE: THIS WILL REMOVE YOUR CUSTOM THEME, you will have to reinstall your theme and any mods.

NOTE 2; BACKUP first, as always.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadowkh1

Something caused the whole site to crash...
We have decided to reinstall everything from scratch...
I've made the database backups in which i see that all the user profiles and topics, pms etc r present...
Only question left is that
Will we be able to upload that database file to the new installation so that all the content can been retrieved???
If so, How???

Kindred

It's like you are not even reading the words that I type.

You don't need to reinstall.

Do what I listed in the post above.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadowkh1

It's fixed now mate...
Thanks alot for all the Help...
Cheers :)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: