Database encoding error

Started by novill, November 20, 2012, 04:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novill

With a new clean install of the forum in my test site i have inserted in the database the members and the topic, message part. With this method the error is no more there. Work fine the test site.

The question is that, how can i find in the original database the error, wich is causes this error?

MrPhil

So the difference is that with mods you get the error, but a vanilla install works OK? Take your vanilla installation (that works), and install your mods one at a time until you find the one that causes problem. Hopefully it can be narrowed down to one mod, and not an interaction between two or three mods that by themselves work OK.

novill

It seems the error is in the database `smf_settings` table.
I have played lot of time in my test site to figure out what causes this error.
Installed a new test forum and i put one by one the database tables.
Just put in

`smf_boards`
`smf_members`
`smf_messages`
`smf_permission_profiles`
`smf_permissions`
`smf_topics`
`smf_settings`

tables.

The error comes than when i insert the smf_settings. In this table have i find preety url (this mod have i used a long time ago, uninstalled more than two year ago). I have deleted this part from the smf_settings table, but the error is still there.

How can i find, which part in this table causes the problem?

novill

It seems i have found the solution for this problem. I have compared a new install smf_setting table and my smf_settings table. There was a line that was not in my smf settings.
This line was the global_character_set   UTF-8

I have put this line in and the problem has gone. :)

Thanks the advice and the help to find the solution.

Advertisement: