News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Add Skype Mod to this Forum

Started by BFriendly, November 22, 2012, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFriendly

I use Skype.  Most people I know use Skype.  To my knowledge, it's the most popular IM software.  I installed the Skype Mod to my SMF forum and it works perfectly.  It installed quickly and easily.

Colin

Fantastic! I am so glad it worked well. You might want to post here to give the MOD author some kudos: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=255491.0
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

But no...   We will not add the Skype mod to this forum.
And no, it's not the most popular IM
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Akyhne

It probably will be the most popular IM in a few months.

Colin

It is rather popular, but I am not sure it is right time to use it on sm.org. At least not yet, it doesn't seem to be.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Matthew K.

I don't see why we couldn't add a field for it like Facebook and Twitter. Although then again, why don't we add all the others, too? :P Just keeps getting to be more and more ;)

Akyhne

Quote from: Colin on November 26, 2012, 10:17:35 PM
It is rather popular..
It is the IM with most user accounts in the world, by far. As for active users, I don't know. According to Wikipedia, Tencent QQ has 440 million active users, while MSN has 330. There's no number for Skype.
Bus as MSN is dismissed and replaced by Skype in January 2013 by Microsoft, the accounts of both MSN and Skype will melt together.

https://www.google.com/search?q=msn+becomes+skype

Matthew K.

Furthermore, Skype has integrated with Facebook for their video.

LiroyvH

True, with the demise of MSN and flow in to Skype, I guess the MSN line could be dropped in favor of Skype ID.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: