Approving Posts

Started by Mstcool, November 22, 2012, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mstcool

Hello,
Alright since I have the email problem (reported already) I can't have the activation thing. So is there some how I can make the First default group have its Own permissions so that I will have to approve every post (until they get 3 or 5 or 10) and then they can post without me approving? I think SMF had a feature like this but I dont remember....Does SMF have this or will I have to get a mod because i couldnt find a mod on the site that would work.

Please Help ASAP Thanks,
Mstcool :D

kat

It's all about Membergroups and their permissions, if I've understood your post.

(Sorry, I'm ill, at the moment, and my brain's a bit fluffy)

Mstcool

Dont worry I would understand that your sick. ;)

What im saying is that i wanna approve every New member's post. So how can I without a mod?
Like when I go to Membergroup>Permissions i only see permission for regular members (which i am getting are ALL the post based groups) and the other groups like staff groups (admins, mods etc). How can i edit my first main Post based group's permission without changing the other post based group permissions?

kat

If you go to Admin>Permissions and click on a membergroup, you'll see a section entitled "Post topics and replies to the board only after they have been approved". Have a look at that, whilst I go to bed and try to shake off this damned virus. :)

Mstcool

Get well soon. Thanks I will try and if this works instead of double posting I will lock this. Once again Thank You. :)

Mstcool

Sorry for double posting but I cant find it. Everytime i go to Permissions i only see regular members and staff groups (private groups). And Regular members has EVERY ONE in it so if i change the permission it will change every permission for every group. How can i change the permission for EACH ONE.

Sorry im tryna reduce my help so you wont need to help me a lot since your sick.

Storman™

Go to:

Members -> Permissions -> Settings

Now tick "Enable permissions for post count based groups"

You should then be able to go back and what you need to do with the permissions for the relevant group.

Mstcool

Thanks guys. Ok that went well but how do i make it so i will have to approve? I cant find it.

kat

Post topics and replies to the board only after they have been approved    
   Post replies to their own topic - but require approval   
   Post replies to any topic - but require approval   
   Post attachments, but hide until approved

kat

You'll need to have "Post moderation" enabled under "Core features", too, I believe.

Mstcool

Thank You Guys. Done. :D
Thank You Very Very Much

Mstcool

One more question..........How can i make it so they cant have signatures....

Storman™

QuoteOne more question..........How can i make it so they cant have signatures....

There is a global setting to disable signatures here:

Administration Center »Features and Options »Signatures

Uncheck "Enable Signatures"

However, it doesn't work on a membergroup basis and to be honest I don't think that exists in the core functionality. You might need a mod for that. There's a few mods here but not sure if they actually do what you want, you'll need to check them out:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2838

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1272

Mstcool

Alright thank you. For the approving post thingy...I followed what you guys said (the core feature and permission for each group thing) but still some bot posted something. So what i did was there was a regular member and a newbie group. For both i made it so the will have to get the post approved....Will that work?

kat

Mstcool

Alright lemme try it. I will mark it as solve later if it works. Thanks :D

kat

Just to clarify...

If both regular members and the post count group are set for approval, that means that everyone in the regular members group has to have their posts approved, so that wouldn't work.

So, don't give regular members posting rights, give those to the post count group or give them post approval. (If that makes sense)

Mstcool

Well the reason i did what was because:

I set the newbie post count group for approval post only....But a bot just posted without it getting approved....So thats why. Regular members i am guessing means all groups....But what i did was newbie and regular members had the same permissions (approved post, topics and attachments) and the other post count based groups had different permissions. Will that work?

Advertisement: