News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Approving Posts

Started by Mstcool, November 22, 2012, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

I'll be honest with you, as always. For obvious reasons (They're a pain in the arse), I don't have any post-groups on my forum. So, I'm not 100% sure.

I'm sure Illori does, though. I'll see if I can get her to answer you. ;)

Mstcool

Thanks and what do you mean you didnt have post count based groups? So everyone who joined were a staff? Sorry im confused.

kat

I have the "noob" group set to "0" (zero) posts.

All other groups are assigned by me. :)

Mstcool

Yeah thats what i thought. Funny thing....After i set the approval thing to stop bots...Bots havent been posting lately. Btw the approval message will come VIA mod center right?

kat

You'll see something by the:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

thing, IIRC. I made mine flash, somehow. Long time ago. ;)

Mstcool

kat

Mstcool

Yea....Didnt work damn. K@ can you please look at what im doing wrong and make it so they gotta get it "approved" before posting please? Ill pm you the admin details if you can do it for me. Thanks

kat

What part's not working right?

Mstcool

approval...they posted without ma approval!

kat

Tell ya what, then.

Go through the topic, again. Make sure you're done what's been suggested, OK?

I'm gonna be hitting the ol' sack, in a while. As you know, I've been ill and I'm fooked.

If you're still getting hassles, PM me some kind of Admin login, along with a URL, and I'll have a look around, tomorrow.

Mstcool

Alright ill do it later this day. :)

ozstoco1

This seems the place for my query....

My motorcycle-related forum has a "jokes & funnies" board amongst all the proper MC boards.

People don't know where to draw the line when posting jokes on this board.

Can I set THIS BOARD ONLY to "post only AFTER they have been approved by me"?

I get the gist of the previous posts in this thread for Member permissions etc - but want to know if this board only can be managed?

Cheers, Dave

Arantor

Sure, you just have to go and configure a new permission profile for that board. (It's a nasty mess. We really should do something about it.)

ozstoco1

Quote from: Arantor Beeblebrox the First on November 17, 2013, 06:31:23 PM
Sure, you just have to go and configure a new permission profile for that board. (It's a nasty mess. We really should do something about it.)

Thanks to you.

Cheers, Dave

Advertisement: