News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Text formating and smileys missing in editor

Started by dowites2007, November 24, 2012, 10:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowites2007

Hello every one.

I have installed tiny portal and them blockqcs
However after installation of couple of mods i did't noticed which particular upgrades may have caused this issue. I am missing my editor ... i am uploading the old default theme editor pic and now i have a plain editor with no features like smileys or text formatting stuff in my editor.

Kindly help me

Regards

Kindred

1- smf version
2- url?
3- mods installed?

4- doesn't help now, but ALWAYS BACKUP and test between mod installations.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dowites2007

1. SMF version 2.0.2

2. http://cliniconline.pk

3. I think after looking at the modification center i got hungry and started installing mods blindly and not realizing that what i am doing can create harm. this is the list that i have installed

1.      Welcome Back    1.0 
2.   eNinja - Custom Pages    1.0.12     
3.   Country Flags    2.1
4.   Default_Membergroup    1.0.1     
5.   Most Popular Topic Today    2.1     
6.   Hide User Names from Guests    1.1     
7.   Add Honey Pot to Track IP    1.1     
8.   Stop Spammer    2.3.9     
9.   Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?    3.0     
10.   EmailValidator    1.0     
11.   UrbanDictionary.com BBC    1.0.1 
12.   Activity in Profile    1.1     
13.   SMFSIMPLE Bookmarks    1.0     
14.   Share this topic - SMF Mod    1.3
15.   Advance Fake Guests n Users Online (fguo)    1.0     
16.   Social Buttons    2.0     
17.   Additional Profile Permissions    1.0.0
18.   TinyPortal    1.107     
19.   Add Join Date to Post    1.0     
20.   Share This Topic    4.1.2 
21.   The BoardJump modification    1.0
22.   IP to Country    1.0     
23.   Delete emails    1.0     
24.   Drafts    1.1.4     
25.   ListCreator    1.3.1 
26.   Rules On Post V1 Full Version    V1 Full Version
27.   Age And Location    1.0     
28.   IP-Address Tracer

right now i have decided to start a new board for  skin problems. and the website is't showing any signs of that new board. Tell me do i need to randomly uninstall couple of Mods in order to see which one has created the real problem or uninstall all and start installing mods one by one to see from the scratch who is the real culprit.

As i am looking at the features of this simple machine official site, it seems so neat and clean with all the features ... now i am missing old version... i could have change color scheme according to my need with out disturbing company design features ... can i go back to real one if at some point i am not going any where?

Kindred

you can always "reset" the board by using the files from the large upgrade package and overwriting the files on your server with those.

then install mods one by one, testing between installs.

if you take a full backup from your site's cpanel (files AND database) you could try using my reset script
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=468497.0

read all the warnings in that post and make a backup first.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dowites2007

thanks for the information ... before i take one of the two options u have mentioned ... is there any possibility of losing posts and boards when i am working on resetting to old values?

Storman™

Quote.. before i take one of the two options u have mentioned ... is there any possibility of losing posts and boards when i am working on resetting to old values?

No, because your data (for the posts and boards etc) is held in the database and not in the files.

If you do what Kindred suggested then you are only amending the files so the data won't change. Remember, you are only overwriting existing files with those from the large upgrade package, don't try and do a complete install.

However, there is one exception and that is Settings.php so don't overwrite that one as it has what it says, your current settings.

Before you do anything though - take a BACKUP.

;)

kat

Settings.php doesn't appear in the large upgrade. ;)

You don't want to upload upgrade.php, though.

dowites2007

Ohk ... i have to take extra time in my schedule to execute my work n start assessing things from the scratch ... i want full functionality rather than missing stuff in my forum ... i will update over here about my progress. :)

dowites2007

Quote from: Kindred on November 28, 2012, 08:55:17 AM
you can always "reset" the board by using the files from the large upgrade package and overwriting the files on your server with those.

then install mods one by one, testing between installs.

if you take a full backup from your site's cpanel (files AND database) you could try using my reset script
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=468497.0

read all the warnings in that post and make a backup first.

The upgrade package that you are referring right now. I wanna make sure if this is the page you are talking about

http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_2.0.2.tar.gz;smf_version=2.0.1

or i am missing something over here ... if there is a MOD sort of zip files that have presets of scripts in php files to be uploaded and get installed or like in the above link i have to manually go to my website file manager and edit specific files that are mentioned in upgrades.

At this very moment i have taken a backup before i go for any changes in scripting.

ready to rumble :)
regards
:)

kat

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-2_upgrade.zip

As I said, you don't want to upload Upgrade.php.

Nor do you need the "upgrade_x" files, to be fair.

To save time, you could miss-out the "avatars", "smileys" and "attachment" directories, too.

dowites2007

http://cliniconline.pk/forum/index.php

as per your guidance i downloaded the package and one by one i replaced the directories files .... leaving upgrades related files.

However after doing all of the replacements there are errors now. boards are not getting directed and instead there is a fatal error code is showing:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ListCreatorSelf() in D:\Hosting\9455988\html\forum\Sources\Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 147

where as clicking on the posts by users ... the post can be opened but reply and other options are still directed to the same error.

just have one positive side that posts are safe ... but other options are  :o

guide me please ... back up restoration did't helped much .... also guide me regarding packages directory which also contained "backup" subdirectory, what does it means?

dowites2007

i logged in admin site ... i am accessible to all other options but forum link in the menu is not shown. also the boards are not accessible ... again happy that posts are safe

Kindred

It sounds like you have not actually replaced all this files, since if you had done so, it would not be calling mod functions.

turn off eval in smf admin so we can figure out what file is actually still incorrect.
Слaва
Украинi

dowites2007

let me tell you what i have done so far.

I went into filemanager of my website. One by one :
cache
packages
sources

I selected all of the files in smf_2-0-2_upgrade respective directories and checked overite option. I excluded attachments, avatars, smileys directories from reset.

However in themes directory of smf_2-0-2_upgrade there are two directories core and default which i tried to upload as a whole but i dont know some error occured 2-3 times. my bloc theme is still there but no tiny portal ... MODs are still there when i logged thru admin panel.

Tell me is it the right way of uploading files by selecting all and choosing overite button instead of uploading whole directory in filemanager.

my forum is a total mess now :D

dowites2007

finally main forum directory files updated with out disturbing upgrades xyz files

kat

Quote from: dowites2007 on December 01, 2012, 03:49:19 PMTell me is it the right way of uploading files by selecting all and choosing overite button instead of uploading whole directory in filemanager.

That method's a bit... er... unreliable, shall we say?

Do you have an FTP client, by any chance? SO much easier than File Manager.

Kindred

and it certainly sounds to me like you have no successfully overwritten the files.
1- your problem would be fixed
2- your mods would be "removed"
Слaва
Украинi

dowites2007

Quote from: K@ on December 01, 2012, 04:39:11 PM

That method's a bit... er... unreliable, shall we say?

Do you have an FTP client, by any chance? SO much easier than File Manager.

:D ... o man i am laughing at my website skills being a health care working ... i have been studying these things for a while ... it sux now that i cant figure out my godaddy configuration for ftp.

At this moment i am successful up to the point that one by one i have uploaded all files in themes folder and now the error is gone and the site is working fine now ... No MODs are there... however that editor problem is still there ... hmmm u r rite i need that ftp client for quick response. :(

you can check it by yourself if you have some time for it
cliniconline.pk

kat

dowites2007

Sorry if m not using appropriate terms ... let me show u the pic this problem still persists. the box length is pretty long also the formatting is missing for good. Is there any way i can add a new replacement file which can show me the exact same old version of formatting.

Advertisement: