News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Text formating and smileys missing in editor

Started by dowites2007, November 24, 2012, 10:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

did you actually replace the files in the Themes/default/scripts directory and the Themes/default/css directory?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dowites2007

::) ;D :D

Heartening to see this text box and all smileys aligned here ... however i have done all of the replacement work on my website as per your advice ...

However today again as per your query i logged into my ftp client and replaced files in specific directories that you have mentioned.

Still the same smiley issue and the text box is too long that on right side there is no boundary, so you can write as long as you want horizontally :)

regards

Kindred

Did you reload your browser cache after you overwrote the files?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dowites2007

http://cliniconline.pk/opd/

Since i am in the begining of setting up my forum and has got this big texting error so i decided to install new version 2.0.4 on godady ... m really happy to see it as all features are neat and clean. since its in new directory so old data is still intact.

http://cliniconline.pk/forum

I could not find any better solution as i dont have big traffic yet neither i had been giving much time to this site .. but now i have rolled up my sleeves n will be looking at every aspect of it.

Please guide me if i can used old posts data and users from old version.

Sorry bro i did what u told me but i could't help myself  ;D :o 8)

Kindred

Just use repair_settings.php to set your new forum to point to your old database
Слaва
Украинi

dowites2007

Thanks for the reply kindred

Quote from: Kindred on February 15, 2013, 07:36:50 AM
Just use repair_settings.php to set your new forum to point to your old database

Do i need to find it in old database folders ... if yes then where ? as i am working on it....

if u are guiding me towards coding ... do tell me how m i going to do this ... please :)

Kindred

???   The database has nothing to do with files or folders (well, not as far as you are concerned)
the database is your mySQL database where all your users, posts and other content is stored... the files just tell the site how to display that content
Слaва
Украинi

dowites2007

Well buddy thanks a lot for all of your help ... my issues are solved now ... n site is beautiful as before even much better then what it was... now want some changes times to time n will be discussing in new threads.... since i am worried about disabling email system off as its an online clinic n i dont want my users to loose their anonymous attitude. thanks dude :)

Advertisement: