News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help BBC and emoticons display issue

Started by eneru, November 24, 2012, 11:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eneru

I did a research on community but I didn't find an answer.

Emoticons don't show up properly if a BBC code is been used, eg youtube or premiumbeat.
It happens when any BBC code and any emoticons stay in the same post, all the emoticons that come after a BBC code don't display at all.

I'm on smf 2.0.2 with these mods:
1.   Remove "Last edit" mod    0.2.3     
2.   Add Social Media Icons To Profiles    1.0.5     
3.   Add to Existing Ban Group    1.0.3     
4.   AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2.01 verified by thun88)   
5.   Default Avatar    2.2     
6.   ENotify    2.0.2     
7.   FancyBox 4 SMF    0.4     
8.   Hide ip stuff for users    1.04     
9.   LGF Mod    1.3   
10.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.1.0     
11.   Ohara YouTube Embed    1.0     
12.   OnOffAvatar    2.0.2     
13.   Premiumbeat Flash MP3 Player    2.0     
14.   Registered Links    3.0     
15.   Remove Help From Menu    1.0     
16.   SA Chat    RC1 Rev59     
17.   Share This Topic    4.1.2     
18.   SimplePortal    2.3.5     
19.   Soundcloud BBcode    1.6     
20.   Standard Emoticons    1.0   
21.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.2     
22.   Youtube Integration Mod (0.1)    0.2     
23.   Disable 'last edit by...' for Administrators    1.9     

Here is some screenshot

Shambles

Are you seeing any errors reported in your error log?

Did this start happening after installing any particular mod, like the second YouTube mod you installed?

eneru

Thanks for your fast reply!

Unfortunately I have a lot of errors in my error log, what kind should I look for?

I just found it out, I have no clue if it's because the second YouTube mod, but I know the two YouTube mods are there since the beginning, it could be something else.

The last one I installed is Soundcloud BBcode and that emoticon thing happened before it too, I'm sorry I shouldn't do it, but I needed it.

I guess some mod is the culprit as I just found that I'm having display problems in the modification settings page too, if I click on both miscellaneous or that block, they go on the same miscellaneous page, weird.

Shambles

In your error log, for a start at least, look for "undefined index" and indeed any error that quotes the name of an SMF file within it, including (but not limited to) Subs.php

eneru

Well, I have no subs.php in 30 pages.

But I found a ton of this:

http://www.guitartribe.it/public/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc8 [nofollow]: Undefined index: chatFile: D:/inetpub/webs/guitartribeit/public/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 214

and

http://www.guitartribe.it/public/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;ddfae8d74418=2100c11a32507d6c3a2915eb890100c28 [nofollow]: Undefined index: mhfyenabledtextsubFile: D:/inetpub/webs/guitartribeit/public/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2056

http://www.guitartribe.it/public/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;ddfae8d74418=2100c11a32507d6c3a2915eb890100c28 [nofollow]: Undefined index: e_fb_settingsFile: D:/inetpub/webs/guitartribeit/public/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2047

http://www.guitartribe.it/public/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;ddfae8d74418=2100c11a32507d6c3a2915eb890100c28 [nofollow]: Undefined index: e_fb_settingsFile: D:/inetpub/webs/guitartribeit/public/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2029

Bigguy

The screenshots you provided tells me either a mod that was uninstalled did not uninstall correctly, or when you installed one of your mods it did not install correctly. may I ask why there are two youtube mods and are they both installed. Those errors may be related to a facebook mod or a social media mod perhaps.

Shambles

^--- just to add to what the big guy said, are you sure your list of installed mods is complete?

I ask, because one of the errors you extracted from your log is related to Medal Honor For Years yet that doesn't feature in your list.

Sorry for coming back so late to this (been busy) but I'd be looking at what hasn't been uninstalled correctly, given those Fancy Box and MHFY issues. Might be worth looking at your Theme/languages/Modifications.{english}.php file too.

Are there many more of those error types listed, that are different in content to what you posted?

eneru

@ Bigguy: I remember I did have problems with Advance Facebook Like button with OpenGraph, it didn't work properly or either show up except on default theme, so it's been installed and uninstalled a few times, but I don't recall getting errors in those operations.
I'm using Youtube Integration Mod for its gallery and Ohara YouTube Embed for posting videos directly in posts, do you think they cannot live together?
I'm pretty sure every mod I instelled went thru correctly, I mean, no error messages, how can I see which one is the culprit?

@ Shambes: Yes, I did copy/paste the actual mod list in package manager, wow, I guess I have a lot of work to do.
I'll check and post all the other errors I find, thanks a lot guys!

Bigguy

You say the facebook like button has been installed and uninstalled a few times. This is probably where your errors are coming from. I would think there is still code left around from that mod. And, yes I don't think those other two would play nice together but I have no evidence of that.

eneru

Ok, those are the only errors I have in my error log.
They generate at the same time when I go in Modification Settings -> Miscellaneous page.
Can I use Fix Packages or do I have to go thru every single file those mods edited?

Bigguy

Personally, I would uninstall the ones that are giving you problems, parse the mod and see where all the code is for the mod you uninstalled. Check your files and remove what is left over. When you have that done you can re-install. No, i don't think fix_Packages would help here.

kat

I have to say this...

With all the installs/uninstalls you've done, I think I'd be tempted to upload a virgin set of files and start over. As long as you don't overwrite settings.php, everything'll be cool. Even the mods'll still be in Packages, they'll just need to be reapplied.

As that won't affect your database, your members/posts/etc. will be OK, too.

Bigguy

kat

I was just thinking that doing that might help further hassles, in the future, too.

'course, if there's a backup, somewhere, that would, effectively, do the same thing, problem solved. :)

eneru

Quote from: Bigguy on November 26, 2012, 02:09:16 PM
Personally, I would uninstall the ones that are giving you problems, parse the mod and see where all the code is for the mod you uninstalled. Check your files and remove what is left over. When you have that done you can re-install. No, i don't think fix_Packages would help here.

Ok, I think I'm gonna do that way, but I don't want to re-install them!

Then I'll see if the YouTube thing works fine or not.

I have daily backups, but I don't know since when I got those errors as the error list tracks them just for a month.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

eneru

Here we go, I found traces of advance FB like and medal honor in ManageSettings.php, I fixed everything but now I have two more different errors:

http://www.guitartribe.it/public/index.php?action=portal;sa=shoutbox;shoutbox_id=3;time=1354027108;xml8 [nofollow]: Undefined index: profile_youtube_galleryFile: D:/inetpub/webs/guitartribeit/public/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4153

http://www.guitartribe.it/public/index.php?action=portal;sa=shoutbox;shoutbox_id=3;time=1354027108;xml8 [nofollow]: Undefined index: profile_second_needFile: D:/inetpub/webs/guitartribeit/public/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4127

Miscellaneous page now looks better, but there is still that ghost page as before.
BBC and emoticons still don't work together.
I guess it's time to uninstall SA chat, I never got It working right anyway.

Bigguy

There is code left in the Subs.php file for a button that is not there anymore around or at line 4127. After this is removed you should be good to go.

eneru

I checked that error and that line refers to the personal YouTube's channel button on the main forum bar and it's still there and works fine, the same goes for the second error, it's about the YouTube gallery, weird!
I don't know why, but those errors came out just today once, I can't delete two buttons!

I see that the ghost button in admin panel refers to a chat (see attachment), AjaxChat is been uninstalled but I think at this point it could be still around somewhere.

I'll check that too.

Bigguy

If you want you can attach the Subs.php file here as well and I'll take a quick look.

Advertisement: