"Undefined variable: parse_tags" listed in Error Log

Started by MtnDon, November 26, 2012, 09:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Tt ships its own copies of the following, which seem to get loaded during a tapatalk connection via their servers (which is how Tt works)

Begs a big question...

MrPhil

Um, what happens if you've already modded one of those files, or want to install a mod after Tt? I'm assuming it's a one-time download (replace), and not at every connection -- that would be horrendous just in terms of bandwidth used, not to mention loss of mods.

Shambles

Those files are held under a Mobiquo folder in the forum root so they seem to stay private to the Tt connection. Dunno how it all fits together but if any SMF mods are applied which affect the real equivalents, they don't show up when using Tt on your mobile device.

MtnDon

Interesting stuff.

I'm going to propose here at our forum, that we remove various mods, one at a time beginning with either Tapatalk or Simple Portal. Then let things run and see what happens. Then also look at the subs.php to see if it has changed.

There are a few mods we've used that are "pretty" and some that are useful, but we got along fine before we used them. Simple Portal was selected for a couple reasons, none of which are really needed. Maybe that will be second to be uninstalled in my proposal to the head man / owner.

If I wanted to get all the SMF files back to their purest form what would be the simplest method, understanding that nobody on our site is a technical wizard?

Also is there an easy way to view the files like subs.php, with line numbers included. Do we/I need some extra software? I seem to recall some way I used a few years ago but it's all very foggy now in my 66 yr old brain.

Thanks again for the support.

Shambles

To be quite honest, I'd follow the consensus on this and simply add the missing parameter to the parseBBC function.

If you need help doing this, let us know and we can attach a new copy of your Subs.php file for you to try.

To answer your final request above, download a copy of Notepad++ and use that as your viewer/editor.

MtnDon

Shambles™ , thank you for the offer to help on the subs.php file. Also thanks for the referral to Notepad++. I downloaded it and it looks very useful.

Would you, as you can, attach an adjusted copy of subs.php. I can them compare, follow and understand the changes.  And we'll replace the existing file the new adjusted file and see what happens (keeping a backup copy of course).

Shambles

Sure thing.

Notepad++ has a "compare" function (Plugins > Compare > Compare) which you can use to see the small addition I made.

MtnDon

Wow!  I downloaded that file, saved the one in use and then placed the newly adjusted file on the server. Next I emptied the error log. Been watching it stay empty for several minutes. Ya'll did it!!  Thanks to Shambles™ for the copy and MrPhil for the idea!!!  And    Labradoodle-360 too!!!  Thanks to all; we're golden!!!

Skaty

i have 111000 pages full of this error  8: Undefined variable: parse_tags

what was the solution :/

Arantor

What file is that error in, exactly? Also, what version of SMF?

Don't use the file linked above, it's unlikely to solve the problem.

Skaty

8: Undefined variable: parse_tagsDosya: --> Subs.php

and a lot of from this

8: Undefined index: list_additional_groupsDosya: --> Load.php

smf 2.0.3

Arantor

Do you have the line numbers where these have occurred? Those files are enormous, containing literally thousands of lines of code each.

Skaty

sorry, yes there is numbers: for load.php is 1474 and for subs.php is 1703.

i have tapatalk and simpleportal both.

Arantor

The Load.php error is related to a mod you've installed, possibly not completely, for displaying multiple badges - but since I don't know the mod in question (and can only see traces of it here), I can't tell you right now how to fix it. You may be better off removing it.

The Subs.php error is much easier to fix. For some reason your Subs.php file looks like how SMF 1.1.x had it.

Find this line:
function parse_bbc($message, $smileys = true, $cache_id = '')

and replace with how it has been in SMF 2.0 for years:

function parse_bbc($message, $smileys = true, $cache_id = '', $parse_tags = array())

That will fix the parse_tags errors.

Skaty

Thank you, i did it. i will look at the load.php later.

how about this error, can you help me with these ?

this is database error log for similar post mod the error is just this    );    in line  67  sould i just delete it ?

and

messageindex line 69

Arantor

Quotethis is database error log for similar post mod the error is just this    );    in line  67  sould i just delete it ?

Definitely not!

You should refer it to the mod's author - each mod has a dedicated support thread, which you can find from the mod's page under 'Support and comments for this mod'

I can't see anything obviously wrong with MessageIndex line 69, what error do you get?

Skaty

i sad that because the log is under database section.

messageindex is says 8: Undefined offset: 5-6-7-8-9 ...

i didn't look forum's these area (error logs) a while, and i saw now (omg face) there is so much and various errors. is this errors serious problems or just like some notify.

Arantor

The error in the similar topics one is a database error. The line you reference is the last line of a multi-line command to the database that's failing. Talk to the mod author, only he can really help you out.

As far as the message index error, that's the result of some badly (very badly) written mod that isn't doing its job properly. Talk to whoever wrote it.

Skaty

Advertisement: