News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ignore User

Started by Rudolf, September 12, 2005, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Wood

Actually, I was screwing around with it (having no clue what I'm doing) and I seem to have fixed that problem. I removed an apostrophe from the set of three apostrophes (I bolded them) in this line:

$_POST['ign_ignore_list'] = strtr($func['htmltrim']($_POST['ign_ignore_list']), array('\\\'' => [b]'''[b], "\n" => "', '", "\r" => '', '"' => ''));

Now I'm getting errors in my error log.

Quote8: Undefined index: member
File: /home/yourmomt/public_html/zebrahuddle/Themes/default/languages/Who.english-utf8.php (summary sub template - eval?)
Line: 282

and

Quote8: Undefined index: ignored_by
File: /home/yourmomt/public_html/zebrahuddle/Themes/default/languages/Who.english-utf8.php (summary sub template - eval?)
Line: 281

Any ideas?

DirtRider

Can this mod be upgraded for RC1 please  :D
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

Rumbaar

It's a feature already built in to SMF 2.0, though implemented a little differently.  You add names to the ignore list in Private Messages setting area and then they are ignored in posts as well.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

DirtRider

I tried that already and it did not work

Rumbaar

You've entered a name in UserCP->Personal Messaging=>Ignorelist?

Then when viewing a post of that user it will display:
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

DirtRider

:D Ok I must admit I did not look at the post but you are correct. I did a "Show unread posts since last visit." and the post showed up. As this is the part we are trying to ignore I did not go as far as looking at the post. The problem we are having is I have the RSS poster working on the forum. Some of the members are complaining that when they do the "Show unread posts since last visit." they do not want to see all the threads from the poster. Now I could use the ignore board function and this would work but we need the correct content injected into the correct forum areas. I could also make it post as read but then those following the feeders post will not see any new items when doing the "Show unread posts since last visit.". So I am sort of in a bit of a bind here so to speak

Rumbaar

Well this doesn't relate to the current mod, but I don't think the ignore user mod in 1.1.x extends to RSS feeds either.

[ Themes ]

DirtRider

Yes this is a bit different looking at what I need thanks  :D

Major Wood

I'm still having the problem mentioned in this post. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

digit

Quote from: unrelenting on April 10, 2008, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: Rudolf on April 09, 2008, 07:11:01 AM
Quote from: digit on April 02, 2008, 06:46:35 AM
A feature I would like to see...

Most ignored user stat!

Where would you want this to appear?

One good spot would be in Display.template.php somewhere in there profile next to their posts, if they are indeed the most ignored user.  :D

Yeah!   8)   ;)

Actually, I am using custom actions, so if you could whip up a query (I might be using 1.3, I see my data is stored in the members table, in the ign_ignore_list   column) showing just the members with ignores, followed by the number of ignores, that would be AWESOME.

Thanks in advance....
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

dry3210

Using SMF: 1.1.8
TinyPortal: v1.0 beta 3

The latest version of Ignore users makes for double bulletins in the menu area.

Any idea on fix?

Rumbaar

Not sure what you mean by 'double bulletins', but if you mean block menus then you'll have to take it up with TP.  As this mod doesn't not have code for blocks or side menus.

[ Themes ]

dry3210

Quote from: Rumbaar on March 26, 2009, 05:27:54 PM
Not sure what you mean by 'double bulletins', but if you mean block menus then you'll have to take it up with TP.  As this mod doesn't not have code for blocks or side menus.

Look at the attached picture.  Theres two rows of columns in the thread.  But outside of the thread it only has one column as it should.

And of course Tinyportal tells me to check with the mod author.

For some reason...Tinyportal and ignore mod make this happen

Rumbaar

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be hard for any mod author to offer support and troubleshooting of there code when it works with SMF, but not with another third party mod.  I can't see how this mod has any baring on TinyPortal blocks.

I have ignore user mod on two of my forums that run TinyPortal and cannot replicate this issue.   So I doubt it due to just a combination of them.

[ Themes ]

wnff_chief

I recently tried to reinstall this mod on my forum (1.1.8 ) but for some reason this particular section causes any attempt to view the "profile" page to come up blank almost instantly:

//-Ignore MOD- Start
// Validate and set the ignorelist...
if (isset($_POST['ign_ignore_list']))
{
$_POST['ign_ignore_list'] = strtr($func['htmltrim']($_POST['ign_ignore_list']), array('\\\'' => ''', "\n" => "', '", "\r" => '', '"' => ''));

$result = db_query("
SELECT ID_MEMBER
FROM {$db_prefix}members
WHERE memberName IN ('$_POST[ign_ignore_list]') OR realName IN ('$_POST[ign_ignore_list]')
LIMIT " . (substr_count($_POST['ign_ignore_list'], '\', \'') + 1), __FILE__, __LINE__);
$_POST['ign_ignore_list'] = strpos(strtolower($_POST['ign_ignore_list']),'guest') === false ? '' : '0,';
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
$_POST['ign_ignore_list'] .= $row['ID_MEMBER'] . ',';
mysql_free_result($result);

// !!! Did we find all the members?

$_POST['ign_ignore_list'] = substr($_POST['ign_ignore_list'], 0, -1);
}
//-Ignore MOD- End

The code in question goes in ./Sources/Profile.php right before "// Validate the smiley set."

Anyone have any suggestions? :D

R.Bourne

Well, according to this post, it looks like this MOD makes changes that SimplePortal fails to work properly too.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2027145#msg2027145

Its developer suggested a change which fixed the problem for some people. But in my case, even that fix didn't work probably because I am not using default SMF theme.

Retired_PS

Quote from: oblisk on February 02, 2009, 09:31:46 PM
Hi guys, I signed up just for this thread.

I'm having some problems getting the Ignore User 1.4 mod to work. I can upload the package, install it with no problems fine. But it just doesn't work. After installing, there is a blank field under Features and Options, which I'm guessing is where the mod option is supposed to be, since the blank field disappears after I uninstall the mod. The mod just doesn't work! It's as if I never installed it.

I can install it without any errors, uninstall without any errors, and I'm on the Default Core theme.

I had the exact same problem with 1.1.8 using the default core theme and found out how to fix it thanks to this thread.

Data and research:
1) My Server settings/core configuration   Default forum language was English-utf8.
2) The mod changes files in the /languages directory as "English" only (NOT English-utf8, I had both in mine).

Problem identified
The problem was my English-utf8 files in my ./Themes/default/languages directory were not being affected by the mod. If your SMF was set for English, the mod should work fine.

Here is how I made it work:
After installing the mod, and copying the listed GIF files to my /Themes/default/images/English-utf8 directory, I edited/changed four of the listed files based on the manual install page from the mod:
./Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php
./Themes/default/languages/Profile.english-utf8.php
./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english-utf8.php
./Themes/default/languages/Help.english-utf8.php

I copied and pasted the mod text in each where shown.

The mod takes care of the other files listed like index.php, so you are only changing 4 files after installing the mod.

I now see the options listed in Features and Options where they should be.

It sounds worse to do than it is for noobs like me.

Hope this will help those with the same issue in the future!

Retired_PS

I have also modified the files and created a modified mod that should automate this for the users with English-utf8 as their core language. I have tested this on my version 1.1.8 forum after uninstalling the 1.4 mod and it worked properly.

This modification puts the GIF files in the proper directory as well as the above mentioned language files.

I renamed it Ignore user English-utf8 and version 1.4eutf8 to differentiate it once installed. Per the creator's directives, I give him all the credit for this excellent mod.

Thanks Rudolph!

Tirick

I am having a very similar issue as two others, and I see no response to either yet (Major Wood and wnff_chief: I get the following error when going to a profile page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /var/www/smf-janet/Sources/Profile.php on line 713

I am using 1.1.8, and had to manually build from the parse text as the installer would not work for me. The offending line is:

$_POST['ign_ignore_list'] = strtr($func['htmltrim']($_POST['ign_ignore_list']), array('\\\'' => ''', "\n" => "', '", "\r" => '', '"' => ''));

which is part of the text to be copied in front of:

// Validate the smiley set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sean

Tirick

I think I have found the source of the error:

should maybe read:
      $_POST['ign_ignore_list'] = strtr($func['htmltrim']($_POST['ign_ignore_list']), array('\\\'' => '', "\n" => "', '", "\r" => '', '"' => ''));

There is an extra " ' " after the first => in the array (three instead of two). I removed it and it seems to be functioning fine. You may want to edit the parse text (if possible) in the install guide. Please feel free to let me know if I missed something critical here.

Thank you,
Sean

Advertisement: