News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ignore User

Started by Rudolf, September 12, 2005, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

Quote from: jasonwatkins on March 14, 2012, 11:28:38 AM
just wanted to ask as a number of members have requested the feature.

If one particular user is being ignored and someone quotes his or her post, it means that people who have them on ignore can still see their posts.  is there a way around this ?

cheers

Not really. The author you see in the quotes is the display name of the user at the time of writing. If they change their display name, and I happen to change later to the same previous one, then it would appear that a quote is mine even if it isn't. It is a limitation of SMF, and I can't rely on the author information to match with the ignored list.

The solution would be to fix the quote tag first.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

Rudolf

Quote from: Liam_michael on April 11, 2012, 11:23:12 PM
What if the topic is started by the person you've ignored? Will their topics appear in the board topic index?

Yes, the board index is not changed, nor the search, new posts, statistic or any other part of the forum. The mod was intended to fix only topics by making the topic page shorter, less to scroll, more to the point. If you have a member who you don't want to see in your forum at all, you should delete it ;). If the other members don't like him/her so much that they can't even stand seeing their name (aka hate), you have deeper non-technical issues to worry about and ignoring it will not help. Pun intended.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

Biology Forums

What if the person you are ignoring is a topic starter?

Advertisement: