News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ignore User

Started by Rudolf, September 12, 2005, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katdillon

It seems you can only ignore 54 people?  Once you try 55, it gets buggy.  Any reason for this?

Thanks so much for this great mod!

digit

Well, I just found a user who is (er, WAS) ignoring 6000+ users....   I have no idea if it got buggy for him  8)

I also have no idea why he would do that - or if there is some way to overload the list of ignores....  that was so many, my text editor had a hard time handling the list!

I deleted his ignore list - but it does beg the question...  is there a limit to the amount of text you can enter in the ignore list... and if not - could that be a bad thing?

Again...  I would like to somehow display the most ignored, and NOW, the most ignores!    >:(  (even if that is just to the admin!)
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

fmofmpls

Question - my members are not happy when they see they are being ignored. Other members can also see if other members are being ignored. They can't see who it is that is ignoring them because I have that option turned off.

BUT ... is there a way to make the  "Ignored by:  4 members" profile information invisible to not only the ignored member but to the rest of the members as well ?

What was supposed to help members has now appeared to upset most members.

BTW, I am using 1.1.9

Thanks!

jazzupnow

Quote from: digit on March 18, 2009, 02:56:42 AM
Quote from: unrelenting on April 10, 2008, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: Rudolf on April 09, 2008, 07:11:01 AM
Quote from: digit on April 02, 2008, 06:46:35 AM
A feature I would like to see...

Most ignored user stat!

Where would you want this to appear?

One good spot would be in Display.template.php somewhere in there profile next to their posts, if they are indeed the most ignored user.  :D

Yeah!   8)   ;)

Actually, I am using custom actions, so if you could whip up a query (I might be using 1.3, I see my data is stored in the members table, in the ign_ignore_list   column) showing just the members with ignores, followed by the number of ignores, that would be AWESOME.

Thanks in advance....
second this request - would be great to have 'most ignored' stat, either in the users profile, or in karma stats.

rufen

I would really like an update for RC2 on this! :)

my evil twin

Hello,

is it possible to:

- Print on the Profile: You ignore this user. Unignore? (<-- Make this a link to unignore user)

- Hide threads by ignored users COMPLETELY from the Message index? So people that ignore a certain person don't even see their threads at all?

thanks in advance and best regards!

Bruno36

I would really like an update for RC3 on this!
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Arantor

Uh, it's built into RC2 and RC3? You ignore them and their posts are hidden.

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Arantor

Go into Admin > Features and Options > Enable buddy/ignore lists

Then it's in your profile.

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Bruno36

sorry I still can not find the option in the rc3 (
When I go

Administration Center "Features and Options"
I have an online Enable lists of friends / ignore my no button or link in the subjects Ignore User
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Arantor

* Arantor doesn't speak French, sorry.

Rudolf

Hi all,

for the time being there will not be a version for SMF 2 of this mod, because the feature is built-in. Once SMF 2 final is out I will consider creating a mod for extra features that were not implemented by the SMF team.

In the mean time I will look in the issues and features discussed for SMF 1.x

Regards,
Rudolf
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

mrbandit

I haven't been able to find my answer in this post, but this looks almost perfect for what I want to do.  I want the ability to set certain users to "all ignore", but not have anyone know we can even do it.  I have users that start a bunch of crap and I want to put them in their own little sandbox, but not know it.

I'm running 1.1.10.  Will this mod work for me?

digit

Quote from: jazzupnow on August 22, 2009, 06:57:29 AM

Most ignored user stat!

One good spot would be in Display.template.php somewhere in there profile next to their posts, if they are indeed the most ignored user.  :D

Yeah!   8)   ;)

Actually, I am using custom actions, so if you could whip up a query (I might be using 1.3, I see my data is stored in the members table, in the ign_ignore_list   column) showing just the members with ignores, followed by the number of ignores, that would be AWESOME.

Thanks in advance....
second this request - would be great to have 'most ignored' stat, either in the users profile, or in karma stats.

I still need a way to see our most ignored users.... (so this is a bump :))

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

dillon

Is there a way to remove the amount of users ignoring you in your profile?  We don't want members seeing how many are ignoring them.

digit

Quote from: digit on May 23, 2010, 09:41:09 AM
Quote from: jazzupnow on August 22, 2009, 06:57:29 AM

Most ignored user stat!

Yeah!   8)   ;)

Thanks in advance....

I still need a way to see our most ignored users.... (so this is a bump :))

STILL no ideas on a most ignored feature (or just a table of ignores for admins?)  I just found a member who 53 other members were ignoring.  I wish I had seen this sooner.

Thanks.

jasonwatkins

just wanted to ask as a number of members have requested the feature.

If one particular user is being ignored and someone quotes his or her post, it means that people who have them on ignore can still see their posts.  is there a way around this ?

cheers

Biology Forums

What if the topic is started by the person you've ignored? Will their topics appear in the board topic index?

Advertisement: