News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Canceling Accounts

Started by ManOfBliss, December 05, 2012, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManOfBliss

Hello,

At the moment, if a user deactivates their account, I see there name under all their posts changes color, and stops acting as a hyperlink, where people can go to their profile to view their posts, etc.

How do I control whether people can deactivate their account or not?

And if a person does cancel their account, can they re-activate it later, like facebook, and still have all their data.

Thanks,
Timothy

ApplianceJunk

QuoteHow do I control whether people can deactivate their account or not?
Administration Center »
Permissions »
General Permissions

Modify Group

Check or uncheck the box for: Delete their account

Bigguy

If they deactivate their account then they would have to create a new one in order to register again. However there is an option to associate posts with a user. After they register again this could be done. It's under the maintenance tab===>Forum maintenance in the admin panel then to members.

ManOfBliss

Thank you.

How do I change the color of their user name as it appears after they delete their account?

For example, the user "Max" who deleted his account. How would I make his user name have the same color as the others?

Bigguy

The only way I can think of might be through the .css file.

ManOfBliss

Yeah, I'm hoping you may have more insight into what the element is. Because as soon as they delete the account, their user name turns in <p> content, thus changing the css color would affect other content.

Bigguy

There is a way to do it but it is getting late here. If you have not figured it by tomorrow I will have a look for ya. :) Maybe while I am gone someone else may jump in. :)

ManOfBliss

K thanks I look forward to your reply.

Bigguy

Can you PM me a link to your site so I can see. :)

ManOfBliss

Bigguy

I will have to play a bit on my test site but ya this is doable for sure. I'll check it out later if this damn toothache goes away.

ManOfBliss

OK I look forward to your reply.

Bigguy

I have not forgotten about you. I think I already registered on your site. I think.

ManOfBliss

Bigguy

I'm checking things out now. It may take me a bit but I'll see what I can find.

Bigguy

In the index.css file find:

.poster h4

To that section add your color:

color: #c06002;

That may not be your right color but this should work. This may be your color:

#B42F39

Bigguy

ManOfBliss

That worked. Thank you my friend!

Bigguy

peterinwa

Quote from: Bigguy on December 06, 2012, 12:07:54 AM
If they deactivate their account then they would have to create a new one in order to register again. However there is an option to associate posts with a user. After they register again this could be done. It's under the maintenance tab===>Forum maintenance in the admin panel then to members.

I don't understand this. The only Members tab I see is the one up by the Admin tab, and it takes you right back out of Admin.

?
Here's my forum:  www.MySchnauzer.net/forums

Advertisement: