News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

vMulticolor-Stars Mod

Started by Valodim, September 12, 2005, 08:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgnfireinferno

please update this mod for version 1.1.4 for those who don't have the ability, myself included, and/or the knowledge to do it themselves.

And before anyone complains about why I'm asking for this, every time I try rezipping the files the server reports it as corrupt.

"How to beat yourself up, and make it look like a sporting accident too."

Taurusguy

OK .. i got this to work with 1.1.4 ..... did what the guy 2 posts previous said .. DLed XML editor .. and changed the version to 1.1.4 .. then rezipped it .. and installed.

I have attatched the modified version of the DL.

p.s. there was no errors with the helios_multi11final theme.

ENjoy

Valodim

now works with smf 2.0! yay :)

justlyssa

I have this wonderful mod installed on my SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public ... and everytime I click on my mlist ... I get this error.

An Error Has Occurred!
Database error, given array of integer values is empty.

Anyone know how to fix it? I mean I can access my members through admin ... but.. i do think that my members would like to access the list :D

Valodim

Doesn't happen to me on a fresh installation. Please go to the line number of the file specified in the error message, and post the whole query here (if you're unsure what that is, just paste the whole block around the line number)

Pratt

Hi there! Nice Mod! :D
I installed it on 2.0 beta 3.1 and It works fine.

The only problem im having is the following error on the error log:

http://www.hablarmierda.net/comunidad/index.php?action=profile
8: Undefined index: groupName
Archivo: /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxx/xx/xx/xxxxx/xx/comunidad/Sources/Load.php
Línea: 1281

erlend_sh

My forum suffered some rather serious errors after installing your mod. Certain threads would be "broken", making it impossible to make a reply to that thread (reply would be lost). I reported it and SleePy fixed it up:

Quote from: SleePyYour error log had lots of entries so I emptied it and viewed that topic and got these errors:
Function: loadStars
File: /home/radakano/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1447

Line: 1450

I fixed both of them. They look related to the vMulticolor-Stars Mod. You should inform the mod author of those two errors. The second one was easiest to fix and the first one I just make a work around to keep the errors from occurring :)
It has also greatly bothered me that your mod is not possible to uninstall. If I recall correctly, this was not possible in 1.1.4 either (I'm running a 2.0 Beta 3.1 board). Please direct your attention to these errors and see what can be done about it.

Otterdam

There seems to be a problem if a member has no stars. One of my forums has the first postgroup set to 0 stars - if a new member posts, the mod vomits an error where his post should be in the thread: "Database error, given array of integer values is empty."

It's a pity because I like what the mod does, but it isn't important enough to spend time looking at it myself (too many other things to do).

ZarPrime

A quick question ...

Does this mod work with SMF 1.1.6?

I get an install error with both 0.99 and 1.0

Thanks

I used this mod on a previous version of SMF and it worked perfectly, but I just upgraded to 1.1.6 and now it won't install :(

ZarPrime

Quote from: zarprime on September 08, 2008, 01:18:25 AM
A quick question ...

Does this mod work with SMF 1.1.6?

I get an install error with both 0.99 and 1.0

Thanks

I used this mod on a previous version of SMF and it worked perfectly, but I just upgraded to 1.1.6 and now it won't install :(

OK, I did what others had mentioned in earlier messages, and added the install ands uninstall for 1.1.6 and it seems to have installed fine.  Getting ready to configure it now.  Will let everybody know if I encounter problems.

erlend_sh

Quote from: Sadr on June 08, 2008, 08:58:29 AM
My forum suffered some rather serious errors after installing your mod. Certain threads would be "broken", making it impossible to make a reply to that thread (reply would be lost). I reported it and SleePy fixed it up:

Quote from: SleePyYour error log had lots of entries so I emptied it and viewed that topic and got these errors:
Function: loadStars
Line: 1447

Line: 1450

I fixed both of them. They look related to the vMulticolor-Stars Mod. You should inform the mod author of those two errors. The second one was easiest to fix and the first one I just make a work around to keep the errors from occurring :)
It has also greatly bothered me that your mod is not possible to uninstall. If I recall correctly, this was not possible in 1.1.4 either (I'm running a 2.0 Beta 3.1 board). Please direct your attention to these errors and see what can be done about it.
Still awaiting a reply on this one.

On another note, I would very much appreciate a proper update for Beta 3.1 and 4.0 public accompanied by a working uninstaller. We're trying to update our forum from 3.1 to 4.0, but our webmaster says that there are too many mods "in the way". I've uninstalled nearly all our mods, yet a few returned errors, yours included, which I suspect is the reason why we can't make the update just yet.

I'd be happy to give you full access to our forum if you'd like to take a closer look at the errors.

Gantry

I'm running it in 1.1.6 and it seems to be working fine, all I did was add the 1.1.6 install and uninstall strings in the .xml file. I would be glad to share it with anyone.

HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE:

• The only reason I attempted this was that I noticed it was running on the author's smf 1.1.6
  • Quote from: OtterdamThere seems to be a problem if a member has no stars. One of my forums has the first postgroup set to 0 stars - if a new member posts, the mod vomits an error where his post should be in the thread: "Database error, given array of integer values is empty."
    All of my postgroups have at least 1 star, so a 0 star postgroup setting remains untested and this is known to be buggy.
  • As well, I have the [uninstall] link but I have not tested that either. (lol?)
  • I've named it vMulti-Color_0.99.116.zip only to distinguish it from the original 0.99, as well it shows up in the Package manager as version 0.99.116
  • It only contains the fix for 1.1.6, not 1.1.5!
  • Many thanks to Valodim for this mod, despite the lack of updating! All credit belongs to him!
  • I do not offer any support whatsoever. If you ask, I'll just point you to post here.
  • You agree that by using my version you assume all risk by installing it, and you hold me completely blameless for anything that might happen to your forum!

I would be glad to email you this zip, to contact me look in my SimpleMachines.org profile for my web site, and there you can click on Contact Us (click on Gantry). Do not PM me here, I don't log in frequently enough to notice PMs. Hopefully this isn't breaking any rules or is a problem with the author, if so I will happily remove it immediately if requested.

cheers
Gantry

Marcus Forsberg

This really need to be updated for 1.1.6..

R.Bourne

Not sure if anyone's still interested in installing this mod on 1.1x series but here it is. FYI, I didn't make any changes other than adding the version numbers to the package info file. Everything else is the same as the original code.

And for those who use any other theme, no problem. MOD doesn't care :)

Last but not least, thanks to developer. Great work :D

PalmBeachPreps

What if my board utilizes badges rather than stars?  Will they align vertically?

R.Bourne

I'm not too sure. I am using badges for a few special groups as well as this mod here --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1110

... but unfortunately I'm having a difficult time to get them to play nicely.

So far, I had to get rid of both and will try to install them clean and manually. Sadly, there are MODs are there which don't clean up properly during uninstall. No complain though :)

Moif

Is there an alternative to this mod anywhere? I did have a go at trying to get it to work for RC2 but with little luck.

KensonPlays

Any plans to update this for 2.0RC2, then RC3 when it comes out!?!?!?!?!? HOPE SO!!!!!!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

dry3210

Quote from: Kcmartz on February 18, 2010, 01:26:29 PM
Any plans to update this for 2.0RC2, then RC3 when it comes out!?!?!?!?!? HOPE SO!!!!!!

+1

ZarPrime

Valodim,
I have used this Mod for a couple of years on my 1.1.x site and it is very popular.  It works perfectly for what I need to do (attached image).  I'm wondering if you have any future plans to upgrade this to work with RC3 as I am currently planning on upgrading my site soon.
ZarPrime

Advertisement: