News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mods Will Not Install

Started by Jeremy M., December 07, 2012, 07:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mashby

I'm thinking a merge is in order? Seems these topics are related and all. :)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=492138.0
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Krash. on December 07, 2012, 09:36:02 PM

Try replacing /Sources/Subs-Package.php with a clean copy (attached).

Nope, no luck. Still does the same thing.

Jeremy M.

mashby

Curious about the error. Wondering if you could connect to FTP, go to /Packages/
What is the file size of SMFPacks_Shoutbox_104.zip (assuming it's in there)?
- James M. Barrie

Jeremy M.

Quote from: mashby on December 07, 2012, 09:58:13 PM
Curious about the error. Wondering if you could connect to FTP, go to /Packages/
What is the file size of SMFPacks_Shoutbox_104.zip (assuming it's in there)?

54,434 . .

Jeremy M.

Is there a default SMF limit for mods?  I mean, am i only allowed to upload so many kb of mods?

Sir Osis of Liver

2816 starts a loop -

while (!feof($fp))
$fwrite($output, fread($fp, 16384));
fclose($fp);

If the loop gets hung, it can generate a lot of errors very quickly.

Maybe something wrong with the package zip?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Krash. on December 07, 2012, 10:05:39 PM

2816 starts a loop -

while (!feof($fp))
$fwrite($output, fread($fp, 16384));
fclose($fp);

If the loop gets hung, it can generate a lot of errors very quickly.

Maybe something wrong with the package zip?

I've deleted the theme and reinstalled it, and i've deleted the mod and TRIED to reinstall it. . .

mashby

Nah. Not really a limit there. I was just wondering about the Boolean part. Thought it could have been an empty file which is isn't.
- James M. Barrie

Sir Osis of Liver

Not a theme problem.  Try it in default Curve, you'll probably have the same glitch.  Delete the mod zip file, download a clean copy, and try installing it. 

It appears that feof is not finding end of file, so it gets stuck in an infinite loop until it times out.  The zip file may be corrupt.

- R. Waters

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Krash. on December 07, 2012, 10:14:28 PM

Not a theme problem.  Try it in default Curve, you'll probably have the same glitch.  Delete the mod zip file, download a clean copy, and try installing it. 

It appears that feof is not finding end of file, so it gets stuck in an infinite loop until it times out.  The zip file may be corrupt.

Whatever "feof" is, it's not finding any of the mods. Downloading a clean copy doesn't work either.

Sir Osis of Liver

So if you try to install or uninstall any mod, the package manager hangs and times out, and you get thousands of errors in the log?

- R. Waters

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Krash. on December 07, 2012, 10:27:20 PM

So if you try to install or uninstall any mod, the package manager hangs and times out, and you get thousands of errors in the log?

Yep. That's exactly 100% correct. . . . If i could reset my entire website, without losing my database, i probably would consider that.

Sir Osis of Liver

You can delete the entire forum and reinstall from scratch without affecting the database, but it's a good idea to backup the db with phpmyadmin before you do anything.  Save a copy of Settings.php (in your forum root) - it contains the db settings.  You'll have to reinstall mods and themes, and redo any custom edits you've done.

- R. Waters

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Krash. on December 07, 2012, 10:36:02 PM

You can delete the entire forum and reinstall from scratch without affecting the database, but it's a good idea to backup the db with phpmyadmin before you do anything.  Save a copy of Settings.php (in your forum root) - it contains the db settings.  You'll have to reinstall mods and themes, and redo any custom edits you've done.

I really don't use the Package Manager much. I think i have all the mods that i really want, except for the shoutbox. I would like to have that. It's not a big deal. I'm wondering if i wait a day or so, maybe the problem will fix itself, since it seemed to come up by itself.

Jeremy M.

Now i'm getting the following errors:

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.free-information-help.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=perms;e6675eb9ad1=8c6677eac26c402c3a650e6810c72e6d
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: is_dir() [<a href='function.is-dir'>function.is-dir</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/freei828/public_html/..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/freei828/public_html:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp)
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/freei828/public_html/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 1877

http://www.free-information-help.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=SMFPacks_Shoutbox_104.zip;pid=0
2: feof() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
File: /home/freei828/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2816

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.free-information-help.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=SMFPacks_Shoutbox_104.zip;pid=0
2: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
File: /home/freei828/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2817

Sir Osis of Liver

Try replacing /Sources/Packages.php and PackageGet.php.

- R. Waters

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Krash. on December 07, 2012, 10:50:35 PM

Try replacing /Sources/Packages.php and PackageGet.php.

no luck on that one either.  This is getting extremely irritating. I worked extremely hard on this forum to get it where it is. Now, there's a bug of some sort that i can't seem to fix.

mashby

Of the mods you have installed, it's apparent they haven't affected any of the files you've replaced so far. Your package manager is trying to use the /tmp directory within /Packages. Does such a directory exist, and if so, what is it chmodded to?
- James M. Barrie

Jeremy M.

Quote from: mashby on December 07, 2012, 10:57:10 PM
Of the mods you have installed, it's apparent they haven't affected any of the files you've replaced so far. Your package manager is trying to use the /tmp directory within /Packages. Does such a directory exist, and if so, what is it chmodded to?

Yes, there is a "temp" directory, and it's 0755

Advertisement: