News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

urgent help needed

Started by engrz, December 12, 2012, 09:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engrz

hello

can you please help me about this error

www.engrz.com

please check and define what is the issue.

xrunner

Go to your Cpanel and run a check on the database.

Deaks

What was the last mod you installed?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

engrz

QuoteWhat was the last mod you installed?

i have not installed any mod since 3-4 months, although i have changed the theme last night but it was working fine. after 5-6 hours of installation of theme i got this database error.
i have contacted to my hosting company but they said database server working fine.

mashby

Which theme is that? I do see some empty menu tabs which initially makes me wonder. But looking at the footer, I guess it's possible it's a compatible theme.

Can you get to your error logs? Your site seems pretty modified which isn't untypical. Just seems a mod is the culprit or something of that nature.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Jeremy M.

Quote from: engrz on December 12, 2012, 09:18:21 PM
hello

can you please help me about this error

www.engrz.com

please check and define what is the issue.

Go here http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=repair_settings.php and download the repair_settings.php. Upload it to your main directory, and then go to:  www.engrz.com/repair_settings.php

engrz

i installed the theme named "clear sky"

i can not login to my any account to see error logs

Colin

Log into your hosting account and check the server error log, not the SMF error log. Verify your database settings are correct in settings.php or use the Repair Settings tool that StormChaster83 mentioned.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

engrz

QuoteGo here http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=repair_settings.php and download the repair_settings.php. Upload it to your main directory, and then go to:  www.engrz.com/repair_settings.php

i have checked, everything is fine in the setting

mashby

While you are in your hosting account, maybe go into phpMyAdmin and see if any tables need repairing, too. But start with Colin's suggestion. :)
- James M. Barrie

engrz

QuoteLog into your hosting account and check the server error log, not the SMF error log. Verify your database settings are correct in settings.php or use the Repair Settings tool that StormChaster83 mentioned.

i have verified the setting, it same as i used.

engrz

hey...... someone has changed my theme just now. what is happening there?

mashby

Someone? I did try the old ?theme=1 trick, but that shouldn't affect anyone but me.
- James M. Barrie

engrz

there was a "clear sky" theme installed, but now just i refreshed the page i seen default smf theme.

i have not changed the theme.

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm seeing a busted theme, not default Curve.  ?theme=1 doesn't work for me either.  Can you take it out of maintenance mode?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

engrz

QuoteI'm seeing a busted theme, not default Curve.  ?theme=1 doesn't work for me either.  Can you take it out of maintenance mode?

i have changed the maintenance mode

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have a backup copy of Settings.php?

Is Settings_bak.php in your forum root?

- R. Waters

engrz

Do you have a backup copy of Settings.php?

Is Settings_bak.php in your forum root?

i don't think, i mean i don't remember about the backup file.

engrz

im wonder that my theme is changed automatically..... it mean that someone is attacking on my forum. this is im thinking.

Sir Osis of Liver

Look for Settings_bak.php in your forum root.  If it's an older file than Settings.php, it may contain correct database info.

- R. Waters

engrz

where that file is available?

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have ftp access to your account?

- R. Waters

engrz

yes settings_bak.php is available there,, i dont have ftp access at this time, i mean i have not created any ftp account.

Colin

How are you viewing the directory structure if you don't have FTP access?

Rename settings.php -> settings.phpold
Rename settings_bak.php -> settings.php
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Sir Osis of Liver

How did you get out of maintenance mode?

- R. Waters

engrz

QuoteHow are you viewing the directory structure if you don't have FTP access?

im viewing the directory from cpanel in my mobile.

QuoteHow did you get out of maintenance mode?

i get maintenance mode by uploading the file of repair_settings.php from my mobile through cpanel

Jeremy M.

Quote from: engrz on December 12, 2012, 11:58:10 PM
QuoteHow are you viewing the directory structure if you don't have FTP access?

im viewing the directory from cpanel in my mobile.

QuoteHow did you get out of maintenance mode?

i get maintenance mode by uploading the file of repair_settings.php from my mobile through cpanel

I'm confused now. lol

engrz

its simple,,, i mean i dont created any ftp account but i can login from my cpanel  ;)

Colin

Ok well then either execute the procedure I listed above via the cPanel file manager or create an FTP account and use an FTP client to do so.

Colin

Sir Osis of Liver

What we're trying to get you to do is replace Settings.php with Settings_bak.php.  If your database settings are trashed, and you don't know the correct db info ($db_server, $db_name, $db_user, $db_passwd), so you can't fix them using repair_settings.php, the settings in Settings_bak.php may be correct, and may fix the problem. 

If you can't rename the files as Colin suggested, can you view the contents of Settings_bak.php, and copy the db info into repair_settings.php?  That will change the info in Settings.php.

- R. Waters

engrz

i have rename and checked the settings carefully, everything is fine from my side. i think the issue is with my hosting company.
what you say?

engrz

Hello experts

please help me

Kindred

it could be a hosts issue - so check with them.

Also - do not bump. People probably went to sleep.

finally - there are some things which you NEED an actual PC to maintain a forum. I would suggest that you log in with a real PC instead of continually using mobile.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

engrz

My hosting company is not accepting the issue. Now im so upset and sad abou this error. I dont know what to do now. If anyone can help i will remain thankfull.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MrPhil

Every hosting account I've ever seen permits FTP access to upload and download files to your site. If yours doesn't for some reason, you've got a very strange host. You don't need to "set up" an FTP account -- it's built right into your hosting. You may still have to set a password.

I agree that you shouldn't try doing everything from a mobile. Get a cheap laptop or desktop. If you do your work from a free Wi-Fi access point in a cafe, the laptop (with Wi-Fi) should be good.

You keep saying your settings (in Settings.php) are OK, but they probably aren't. Please post your Settings.php here after you have *****'d out your database user name and password (and anything else you could reasonably consider sensitive). Don't **** out full server file paths -- just your account name.

If you fear you've been hacked, go in and look at every file that has been changed more lately than you can account for. Make sure you use only encrypted Wi-Fi access, scan your PC for viruses and spyware, change all passwords (host account, FTP, admin account on SMF). Clean out, or at least rename, any file that you can't account for as SMF-supplied or an attachment/avatar.

Colin

Who is your host? What exactly did they say?

Colin

engrz

QuoteEvery hosting account I've ever seen permits FTP access to upload and download files to your site. If yours doesn't for some reason, you've got a very strange host. You don't need to "set up" an FTP account -- it's built right into your hosting. You may still have to set a password.

i have FTP access, i checked last night, now tell me what to do further?

QuoteI agree that you shouldn't try doing everything from a mobile. Get a cheap laptop or desktop. If you do your work from a free Wi-Fi access point in a cafe, the laptop (with Wi-Fi) should be good.

i have laptop HP core i7, with 96Mbps internet connection in my office but yesterday i was out to city and website was down so i started to work from mobile.

QuoteYou keep saying your settings (in Settings.php) are OK, but they probably aren't. Please post your Settings.php here after you have *****'d out your database user name and password (and anything else you could reasonably consider sensitive). Don't **** out full server file paths -- just your account name.

If you fear you've been hacked, go in and look at every file that has been changed more lately than you can account for. Make sure you use only encrypted Wi-Fi access, scan your PC for viruses and spyware, change all passwords (host account, FTP, admin account on SMF). Clean out, or at least rename, any file that you can't account for as SMF-supplied or an attachment/avatar.

im sending you my settings file, can you please help me? plz give me your email id so i can send you settings.php file. I trust on you.

Jade Elizabeth

Just FYI, when you use repair settings it resets your theme :). I can't believe no one told you this, that was cruel.

What's the error exactly?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Colin

Sending the settings file won't help as he doesn't have access to your hosting account to verify the validity of them. That is something you will need to do with your host.

Colin

engrz

i can give you ftp access to my site if this will help in this regards?

engrz

this is the error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Colin

Colin

engrz

Colin

Yikes $3.99 for 300 GB of webspace. Oversellers are they? If you give me hosting control details and SMF admin credentials I can take a look.

Colin

engrz

i have restored an 1 month older backup of database, it looks fine but when im trying to login to admin panel i got this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function AutoRespondWho() in /home/engrz/public_html/Sources/Who.php on line 802

Colin

A mod did not get fully uninstalled.

Colin

engrz

Shambles

engrz

can you please help me about the post views, as i mentioned i have updated the old database of 20th nov. but my all forum posts views is zero. how can i set them?

MrPhil

We can see if there's anything obviously wrong in the setup.  If he has a directory name consistently misspelled, for instance, we might not pick that up.

Regarding hosting account FTP, that's something you have to work with your host on. You download an FTP client such as FileZilla to your PC and install it. Your host will tell you the URL, etc. to use in accessing it. You will probably use the same password as you use to get in to your host control panel, but it might be different. You normally set up FTP to start in the topmost server directory you can get to (e.g., /home/ACCOUNTNAME/). Once you're all set up, most FTP clients have you "drag" a file or directory from left side (PC) to right side (host) to upload, or the other way to download. Watch that text files such as .php are transferred in ASCII mode and binary files such as images are transferred in BINARY mode. Usually an "automatic" mode will pick the right one, but it's not guaranteed. Now you know how to move files back and forth between your PC and your site. Many FTP clients can also request permissions changes (chmod) on files and directories on the server, but be aware that most hosts block this action. You will have to sign on to your host's control panel > File Manager to change permissions.

engrz

what is the solution im facing when user create the new post he/she get error of autorespond?

Kindred

After looking at Who.php, I note that there is no such function called or defined in the default version of that file... which suggests that, once again, you have a mod which was not fully installed... and that you need to ask for help in the thread dedicated to supporting that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

engrz

i have resolved the issue.... thanks for your support friends.

Thanks All

Advertisement: