engrz

where that file is available?

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you have ftp access to your account?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

engrz

yes settings_bak.php is available there,, i dont have ftp access at this time, i mean i have not created any ftp account.

Colin

How are you viewing the directory structure if you don't have FTP access?

Rename settings.php -> settings.phpold
Rename settings_bak.php -> settings.php
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Sir Osis of Liver

How did you get out of maintenance mode?

- R. Waters

engrz

QuoteHow are you viewing the directory structure if you don't have FTP access?

im viewing the directory from cpanel in my mobile.

QuoteHow did you get out of maintenance mode?

i get maintenance mode by uploading the file of repair_settings.php from my mobile through cpanel

Jeremy M.

Quote from: engrz on December 12, 2012, 11:58:10 PM
QuoteHow are you viewing the directory structure if you don't have FTP access?

im viewing the directory from cpanel in my mobile.

QuoteHow did you get out of maintenance mode?

i get maintenance mode by uploading the file of repair_settings.php from my mobile through cpanel

I'm confused now. lol

engrz

its simple,,, i mean i dont created any ftp account but i can login from my cpanel  ;)

Colin

Ok well then either execute the procedure I listed above via the cPanel file manager or create an FTP account and use an FTP client to do so.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Sir Osis of Liver

What we're trying to get you to do is replace Settings.php with Settings_bak.php.  If your database settings are trashed, and you don't know the correct db info ($db_server, $db_name, $db_user, $db_passwd), so you can't fix them using repair_settings.php, the settings in Settings_bak.php may be correct, and may fix the problem. 

If you can't rename the files as Colin suggested, can you view the contents of Settings_bak.php, and copy the db info into repair_settings.php?  That will change the info in Settings.php.

- R. Waters

engrz

i have rename and checked the settings carefully, everything is fine from my side. i think the issue is with my hosting company.
what you say?

engrz

Hello experts

please help me

Kindred

it could be a hosts issue - so check with them.

Also - do not bump. People probably went to sleep.

finally - there are some things which you NEED an actual PC to maintain a forum. I would suggest that you log in with a real PC instead of continually using mobile.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

engrz

My hosting company is not accepting the issue. Now im so upset and sad abou this error. I dont know what to do now. If anyone can help i will remain thankfull.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MrPhil

Every hosting account I've ever seen permits FTP access to upload and download files to your site. If yours doesn't for some reason, you've got a very strange host. You don't need to "set up" an FTP account -- it's built right into your hosting. You may still have to set a password.

I agree that you shouldn't try doing everything from a mobile. Get a cheap laptop or desktop. If you do your work from a free Wi-Fi access point in a cafe, the laptop (with Wi-Fi) should be good.

You keep saying your settings (in Settings.php) are OK, but they probably aren't. Please post your Settings.php here after you have *****'d out your database user name and password (and anything else you could reasonably consider sensitive). Don't **** out full server file paths -- just your account name.

If you fear you've been hacked, go in and look at every file that has been changed more lately than you can account for. Make sure you use only encrypted Wi-Fi access, scan your PC for viruses and spyware, change all passwords (host account, FTP, admin account on SMF). Clean out, or at least rename, any file that you can't account for as SMF-supplied or an attachment/avatar.

Colin

Who is your host? What exactly did they say?

Colin

engrz

QuoteEvery hosting account I've ever seen permits FTP access to upload and download files to your site. If yours doesn't for some reason, you've got a very strange host. You don't need to "set up" an FTP account -- it's built right into your hosting. You may still have to set a password.

i have FTP access, i checked last night, now tell me what to do further?

QuoteI agree that you shouldn't try doing everything from a mobile. Get a cheap laptop or desktop. If you do your work from a free Wi-Fi access point in a cafe, the laptop (with Wi-Fi) should be good.

i have laptop HP core i7, with 96Mbps internet connection in my office but yesterday i was out to city and website was down so i started to work from mobile.

QuoteYou keep saying your settings (in Settings.php) are OK, but they probably aren't. Please post your Settings.php here after you have *****'d out your database user name and password (and anything else you could reasonably consider sensitive). Don't **** out full server file paths -- just your account name.

If you fear you've been hacked, go in and look at every file that has been changed more lately than you can account for. Make sure you use only encrypted Wi-Fi access, scan your PC for viruses and spyware, change all passwords (host account, FTP, admin account on SMF). Clean out, or at least rename, any file that you can't account for as SMF-supplied or an attachment/avatar.

im sending you my settings file, can you please help me? plz give me your email id so i can send you settings.php file. I trust on you.

Jade Elizabeth

Just FYI, when you use repair settings it resets your theme :). I can't believe no one told you this, that was cruel.

What's the error exactly?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Colin

Sending the settings file won't help as he doesn't have access to your hosting account to verify the validity of them. That is something you will need to do with your host.

Colin

Advertisement: